NuPad vs. Gpad 10 vs. Archos

nphx2040

Oct 5, 2010
NuPad:

- Really currently running Android 2.1 (manufacturer just altered the softwaredeclaration)
Pandawill promises to solve this issue and tries to get update for 2.2 from the manufacturer
- SD card sticks out
- No capacitive multitouch
- Only two point multitouch

+ Android market

G10:

- No capacitive multitouch
- only 2 point multitouch
- Android 2.1

+ Android market

Archos 7 internet tablet (not the home tablet):

- no Android market

+ Bluetooth 2.1
+ capacitiv multitouch
+ Andorid 2.2
+ up to 300 Mb/s wlan
+ 8GB HDD
+ ARM Cortex 8 1GHz CPU
+ up to 7 hrs running time watching video

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
Nupad is a no go. Pandawill forums have knocked it a bit. Shady labeling it 2.2 when its really 2.1... G10 looks sweet. Upgraded model says 4GB internal. Both have resistive screens. Archos has some new models out and some coming soon. The 101 and 70 internet tablets are 2.2 froyo, capacitive screens, 1ghz arm cortex cpu, but not released yet. They passed the FCC for USA release and are pumping them up on the website. They have the model 43, 32, and 28 android tablets that are modeled after screen size. 4.3, 3.2, 2.8 inches respectively. I read a review that said they are all resistive screens. But, 2.2 froyo... the 32 and 28 are available now - just stop by Walmart and pick up magnifying glasses...

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
I would go with the Archos 7 i have done plenty of research i think i will pick it up myself. While it doesnt ship with google marketplace, if you do some google searching you will find very easy solutions for loading the market.apk, im sure shortly it will be rooted and fitted with a custom rom unleashing the possiblities. I second salzybaby on the Nupad being a no go as i saw the 2.2 label aswell. Proceed with caution and best of luck. PM me if you need any help finding root information or how to load the market.apk