NVFlash for SBKv2 (B7O+)

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Since Mid July of 2011 any new TF101s had a new SBK that the keys were unknown so NVFlash was not possible.

Finally someone has cracked it.

This means you can unbrick a SBKv2 TF101 now, or flash CWM Recovery directly to gain root on any TF101.

It is Linux only, but a live CD can get you Linux in no time if you need it.

Head over to xda for all the details.

Source: xda-developers.com via TransformerForums.com

Last edited:

RobAGD

Apr 7, 2011
Just a quick question, what is the B70 actually in reference to? I keep seeing the reference but haven't seen an explanation of it.

I assume its a hardware version number, but I haven't found anything like that when poking around on my tablet ( bought around X-mass )

-Robert

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Just a quick question, what is the B70 actually in reference to? I keep seeing the reference but haven't seen an explanation of it.

I assume its a hardware version number, but I haven't found anything like that when poking around on my tablet ( bought around X-mass )

-Robert

It is the first 3 characters of the serial number.

It is on a clear sticker with black text (if it has not peeled off yet) next to the charger port on the tablet.

It is also in the Manual (pamphlet) in the box that it came in, and printed on the back of the box.

It will be a BXOKAS....... where X is a number between 4-9 or A-C.

Devices made in July 2011 were B7O (B=2011, 7=July). Chances are yours is a BAO or a BBO (which is higher than a B70).

RobAGD

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks its B90k

I kept seeing it in referencing to flashing things and not knowing I had been looking for an explanation on it.

Mega thanks

-Robert