Odd sound issue?

tgolightly

Jun 2, 2012
Greetings,

I'm new here and have been reading posts researching the problems that my fellow VTab1008 owners are having. I bought my vtab several months ago as a refurb and have some bugaboos to complain about, but nothing too serious. I read all the comments on Amazon dot com to get an idea of what I was getting into. I have problems with sound. I can listen to youtube videos only through headphones. Nothing comes out of the speakers. I have been searching here and not finding a similar problem. As you can see below I have a different kernel installed. At one time I had the Go theme: Cyanogen theme by Sergio Andre Fagundes and I had sound working quite nicely. For games and I think YouTube. Uninstalled that theme along with the Dolphin HD browser. Memory issues plus I didn't like the look of the icons.

Tia,

T

Specs:

SN: TFCILAAM2813117
Android Ver: 3.2.1 HTK55
Kernel: 2.6.35.7+gituser@superlinuxcomp#1
Hardware ID:5(PVT1)
Software Ver: V.I.A. Plus 2.1
Uboot: 2.1.1
Bld Ver: 2.3.64

As for updating to 3.2.2 Vizio Updates says I'm up to date. Reading posts here, still working on that

jrscarab

May 4, 2012
I had this same issue. After the first time I plugged external speakers into it (which worked fine) it would no longer play sound from the built-in speakers or bluetooth but worked fine with wired earphones and it could clearly tell when they were inserted or removed because it would pause the media player. I rebooted it several times and checked every possible setting to no avail. Finally, I remembered my Astak Mole camera that loses it's mind and has to be shocked back to life from time to time with rapid plug-unplug cycles. For the Vtab, I just played a movie, had a little 'fit' of gently but rapidly plugging and unplugging the earphone cord and about the 5th or 6th time, the speakers came on and worked. Bluetooth too. Don't know if it will work for you but I have had so many issues with this tablet that it was one step from just being thrown against a wall anyway. Now it works again for Audible at least and that's about all I use it for other than occasionally controlling the lobby TV at my doctors office.