Off-Topic Discussion

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Could we have our own place here at NC forum to meet and talk about everything and nothing. I saw on an Italian forum they called it- cafeteria or somethinglike that , we could call it - B&N coffe shop and go there when we want to relax from tablets and computers and talk about something else ,have coffe or tea ,mmmm pancakes!
Gloria
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Attachments

• $11-06-08-2.png
    $11-06-08-2.png
    365.1 KB · Views: 1,138
Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I agree it is nice to have a general rambling thread where people can just chat. I like the name idea too :)

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
:rolleyes:How about Facenook? Nookateria, Cafe Nook Color....:rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't help myself... I think it is a fabulous idea:cool:

And Gloria I think with the subtle title of "off topic discussion" you have already initiated the new thread.

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Facenook is guaranteed to bring the ire of the great and powerful Zuk:mad:. They won't let anyone use the pre-fix "Face" for anything. They are rather litigious in that regard as well. If I were still in my youth I might stand up for that fight but alas I'm old:(.

:cool:Nookateria has a nice ring to it though...:cool:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Yeah, probably not B&N coffee shop but Cafe NookColor or Nook Coffee Shop something along those lines. "The Nook - a place for haninging out and general non-nook discussion"

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
@Rico: I know there is an off topic discussion section on the forum, but. it would be nice to have our own here.
@LocalStain: Facebook is great! But then I like to immagine I go to one of those French cafees they have in Paris and meet my friends from the forum and talk about politics and religion since we cannot do it at the forum eh eh. So I guess we should call it- cafe' NOOK, with tha accent on the e of cafe' as Stumbletrough suggested., or NC cafe' .

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
OOOOhhh Gloria to be in Gay Paree enjoying an apertif on a summer afternoon on the Rive Gauche.... Ahhhhh Paris.

:eek: But I digest :eek:.

Hehehehehe

I think you may have missed the joke. I suggested FaceNOOK.

Also as much as I enjoy them even a separate off-topic thread, would probably notbe a good place to discuss the above (religion et al). These are topics I more than delight in discussing, however, I fear they may instigate a significant change in the tenor of our dear forum.

No matter how civil one tries to be in discussions of religion, science, politics, and culture, it invariably ends in tears, hurt feelings, bruised egos and over-flowing buckets of vitriol. I am fairly certain these are not the sort of feelings we want to engender. No matter how civil the discourse the above topics are like gasoline and matches. Better to be kept far away from one another.

With all that being said I still support our own little NookCafe and will participate fully, but it is important to keep some aspects separate.

Also I thought you might like this
DSC_0275.JPG

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I got it ....cafe' de Nook. In yourbimagination it should look like this:
4122be7b-93bc-dee9.jpg

Last edited:

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Perfect, absolutely perfect. Will try and 'shop a book logo in there tomorrow.

Cheers

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Local Stain,I just pressed the wrong letter... I got it, Facenook and I doubt we would have problems to use it, we arenot opening a web site we are just naming a thread. It' kind of like I want to call my chiuaua, Facebook and Zuckermann send me his lawyers! Anyway what do you think of my cafe ' pic, now I'm posting pics like you! About politics and religion I was making a joke because yesterday I came across all the rules of the forum and among others we are not supposed to engage in these kind of discussions and of course, that's how it should be in a forum but what about when we are in our" cafe' de Nook" ...,sorry. I can' t help it, I'm joking again. NO politics, No religion only light stuff like sex and rock and roll!The good thing is that French cafes serve wine not just coffe . Thank you for the beautiful bird pic. !
Gloria

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Your welcome dear and I will with you about sex, drugs and rock and roll anytime. As it happens I have more than a bit of experience with all of the above, tee hee. Other good news for your screenshot thread, the CM7 screenshot bug has been sorted. Should be in the next nightly. SO those oif us on CM7 that have been unable to post screenshots will be able to soon.

Cheers,

B

PS I don't drink alcohol any more so I will stick to a cafe au lait when our NookCafe opens. You can have the vino!