Off-Topic Discussion

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I don't know about your college but mine rated how geeky you are by how into Hitchhikers Guide, Dune and/or Doctor Who you were. Wear your red shirt on Thursday, who can ever quite get the hang of Thursdays?
Here ya go ...
Doctor Who - Wikipedia

BTW: T
he adult beverage you may be referring to is called a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster the effects of which is rather like being struck by a slice of lemon, wrapped around a large gold brick.

Thank you,a link in Italian..,what a threat,now I know everything about the Time Lord,...never heard about the series before, I'm not a big Tv fun even though I produced stuff for tv channels and not a trends followe in college, I always started them.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I found this amazing costume so I decided to get dressed for Halloween after all. This is me in the pic with the costume.... I really look like a peakock, don't I ?
(Soorry, can't uploade the pic.

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I like it, but it doesn't have the energy kick that some of the other ones have.

The basic ingredient in all energy drinks is caffein, that's why I drink coffe and none of those drinks loaded with chemicals. Besides; a friend of mine had a heart attack one night after drinking 10 energy drinks, never heard something like that happening with 10 coffes!

Last edited:

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
The basic ingredient in all energy drinks is caffein, that's why I drink coffe and none of those drinks loaded with chemicals. Besides; a friend of mine had a heart attack one night after drinking 10 energy drinks, never heard something like that happening with 10 coffes!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Why would he drink 10 in one night? My daily routine consists of two a day, plus mountain dew.

chris30673

Feb 4, 2011
freese.gif

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
never heard something like that happening with 10 coffes!

I saw one involving coffee, but not from drinking it. From eating it. I was working as a DP consultant and one afternoon an employee of the company I was at was rushed to the hospital with an apparent heart attack. It turned out he had brought a big bag of chocolate covered coffee beans to work and had been munching them all day.

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
Technically a blood clot is what caused mine.

I probably averaged 2 or 3 Monster sized cans a day before it. A 6-way bypass followed by 6 months of cardio therepy and I thought I had things in hand so I tried a teeny, weeny little Red Bull. WHEW! Big mistake. I was this close to calling an ambulance. Two cups of coffee a day is my limit.

--------------------------------
Sent from my NookColor CM7.1

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Sorry to hear that MSRy.....glad you can tell us the story!

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Guess I'm just old school. I drink about 3 pots of dark roast coffee per day. I started the heavy coffee use back in the day before energy drinks when I was an engineering programmer. Long nights of twinkies, pizza, and coffee fueled thousands of lines of code back then. I do not indulge in the twinkies now but pizza and coffee fuel many of my android and *nix projects.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Guess I'm just old school. I drink about 3 pots of dark roast coffee per day. I started the heavy coffee use back in the day before energy drinks when I was an engineering programmer. Long nights of twinkies, pizza, and coffee fueled thousands of lines of code back then. I do not indulge in the twinkies now but pizza and coffee fuel many of my android and *nix projects.

Sent from my HP Touchpad using Tapatalk

Some things never change, eh? ;)

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011
No worries. They won't even give me a handicap sticker for my car anymore. Just saying, pay attention to what goes in because it all does something.

--------------------------------
Sent from my NookColor CM7.1

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I probably averaged 2 or 3 Monster sized cans a day before it.

OMG, now you've got me trying to equate that to a ten cup pot of coffee which is my typical daily dosage.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Spider, for what I know, and iknowalot about health,food and how to stay healthy, coffe itself is not the issue. Make sure the water you make it with doesn't have chemicals, especially bleach and DON'T use sugar ! I was reading that the main reason why the energy drinks can arm people is for their content in sugar .Anyway, is the first time I hear about a coffe- addicted spider!
Gg