Off-Topic Discussion

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
alright we're drinking to the first three - J515OP, Gloria and LocalStain

eajV0v

Just Beautiful.

Taurus

Jan 18, 2011
Dang, I miss so much when I sleep! That's what I get for living in a time zone that's 6-9 hours ahead of most of you guys ;-)

Anima. I'm sending you one of my first old Playboy's pics

Wow Gloria! Hope you don't mind me saying HOT STUFF! :)

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
You see what happens when I get caught up in the RW...you guys go out and create an entire cafe! I wish I were actually relocating right now...but I am still in the 'finding a job' phase of this plan. I have filled out online applications over and over and over again. I have been checking in, but only to see if there are any unanswered questions, but everytime I have checked, most everything that I can answer was already answered.

Lookin good around here.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
ZaU@Anima Technica- we are drinking to you too, you did such a beautiful job with our pictures! And a toast to your new project - Jesus Christ Superstar that was a great show.
@Taurus- but the guys lef all the links of the musicians they were talking about last night while you were sleeping in Sweden. And then you have all the pictures!
@Darmeen- thank you very much for your contribution. .now our cafe looks great from the outside as weil..I know, the economy still sucks, I haven' t.got any big job with make up. I've been fortunate to find work in a beautiful club, where I make up the dancers 2 -3 nights a week and the money is great. If yout tell us what are you looking for , we can keep our eyes open, since you are willing to relocate, besides keeping our fingers crossed !
@JP and LS- you kept me up till 4:am last night watching your favourite bands and then Miles Davis didn't let me go...he is soo good.
Gg

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
I see this thread running for a long time. :)

:cool:Indeed:cool:

I would like to add to the ambiance, if I may...

While I'm no fan of contemporary television I think this transcends what most would consider the bounds of "broadcast" tv. Serling was ahead of his time then and to re-visit it now is all the more intriguing.

I give you Season One, Episode One, of...

The Twilight Zone

This popped in my head last night after seeing Animas render. The "virtual" Cafe Nook. It just blew my mind. I could almost walk around the space in my head instantly....

:eek:You are a talented guy:eek:

But this Twilight Zone is, if I am not mistaken the first time the idea of "Virtual Reality" was ever presented on television.* Obviously not by that title as it wasn't widely used yet, but if you watch until the end I beg you to argue that it wasn't the specific intent of the genius behind the lens.

As it happens he also seems to wield a rather sharp wit and wanton disregard for the marketing/advertising of consumer products during his program.:)

:rolleyes:Which I think is brilliant. Adblock+ anyone?:rolleyes:

So enjoy the first installment of Cafe de Nook Wednesday Night Theater,

tumblr_li5uszybM11qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

Presented by,

Local Stain

*Please point me to any other early examples as this is a subject that fascinates me no end.

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Ah, movie might was wonderful. The shot where he runs into the phone booth is amazing, as are all the long shots and the use of light and shadow. What a great show to watch.

Thanks LS.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
sweet lonk - i enjoyed The Twilight Zone! but this is actually the first time i've seen the advertising pitch

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Ah, movie might was wonderful. The shot where he runs into the phone booth is amazing, as are all the long shots and the use of light and shadow. What a great show to watch.

Thanks LS.

Serling's eye was always superlative. In later years when other people helmed the camera's you could always tell....

sweet lonk - i enjoyed The Twilight Zone! but this is actually the first time i've seen the advertising pitch

That's nothing have you ever seen this

It's an interview that came out before TWZ and it is easily one of the most subversive and subliminal attacks on the burgeoning media machine. Just watch it. Serling is bloody brilliant. Lightning quick wit, dry as the Sahara. Erudite and efficient of word. He manipulates Wallace as if he were a puppy and Rod was possessed of a pocket full of bacon.

Its just amazing....

BTW
:cool:The new FOO is nuts:cool:
ears are ringing, must remove headphones, wait is that BLOOD.......oh no, tomato sauce...long day at work:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
S...., my u tube is not working tonight. hope is the connection I have at the restaurant... I'm going go be home soon, hope I can enjoy my movie night!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
It was working at home my youtube, I ust finished watching what was on the menu for the movie night, great episode. Thanks Local.You and Anima were talking earlier about this videos-
Music for change- I think everybody should watch them .Search on youtube for :Music for change- I love what they did with -Stand by me.
..Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet

Last edited: