Off-Topic Discussion

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
welcome to the cafe , Charles....hope you didn't have to read the whole thread to get here! :) Have a drink on JP ,he can afford it.. ...

Samsung Galaxy Note

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Gloria,
Cartier is showing that film on TV as a commercial, but they edited it down to a minute. Not nearly as good as the clip you posted.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
A romantic one

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited by a moderator:

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Ever wondered how many status updated is made per day or how many minutes are spent on Facebook per day? Well now we know the answer courtesy of Business Insider:
$a-day-in-the-internet1.jpg

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Over all I'm ok with the idea of daylight saving time. The longer days (yes longer as in more light than dark which does happen) can be shifted by 1 hour to make a little better use of the light by our societal clock which more or less starts at 8am regardless of the amount of light at that time. I do think they missed the dates on each end though.

Currently it is 2nd Sunday of March through 1st Sunday of November.
Previously it was from 1st Sunday in April through the last Sunday of October.
EU uses last Sunday of March through last Sunday of October.

I think it should be 2nd Sunday of March through 2nd Sunday of October. This puts it ~2 weeks before the March equinox and ~2 weeks after the September equinox. Since the equinox denotes equal day and night (at the equator) this gives a good run up as the days are getting longer and a nice wind down as they are getting shorter. Of course the actual length of the days and science has nothing to do with it and it's all politics ;)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Happy Pi Day to those who celebrate.

Personally I don't:

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
[video]http://www.wimp.com/dadipad/[/video]

So Dad, how'd you like that new iPad I bought you?‏

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I think putting it in the dishwasher was the funny part. Everyone knows you just let them soak for a while and hand wash them.:cool:

Yeah, I actually thought that was a little lazy too. Dishwasher for an iPad? Come on now people use your heads.