Office or Word app?

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Nice workaround. Thanks! It's weird that they wouldn't fix this; I mean, they don't really have to make a tablet version, just get the font size to work on tablets--that should take all of 20 minutes of programming. Oh well. I am still curious about what features the $30 programs offer that Olive doesn't--aside from font sizes, I mean.

To me the Acer is not my main productivity computer. Rather its part entertainment, part productivity and a travel companion. I'm going on a trip soon and want to keep a log of my activities. So for that Olive is fine. If the Acer were to become my main productivity computer then I might consider some of the paid for word processors. For now Olive, bugs and all, is fine for me!

Gerry

romhad

Jun 28, 2011
I just noticed that the zoom function in Olive works well, so instead of changing font size, I can simply zoom it and it works perfectly. On the other hand, setting font size in Word and then using the document in Olive is pretty easy if you keep it in your DropBox folder.

There are still some annoying bugs--like the lack of an auto-rotate (though you can set the screen to a particular orientation), but overall it works well enough.

But here's something I can't figure out, and it seems odd that it would be missing, even if Olive isn't designed for tablets: is there any way to go to a particular page in the document, or do you have to scroll all the way through? That gets annoying with documents that are 40 pages.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
I just noticed that the zoom function in Olive works well, so instead of changing font size, I can simply zoom it and it works perfectly. On the other hand, setting font size in Word and then using the document in Olive is pretty easy if you keep it in your DropBox folder.

There are still some annoying bugs--like the lack of an auto-rotate (though you can set the screen to a particular orientation), but overall it works well enough.

But here's something I can't figure out, and it seems odd that it would be missing, even if Olive isn't designed for tablets: is there any way to go to a particular page in the document, or do you have to scroll all the way through? That gets annoying with documents that are 40 pages.

Yes, I saw that zoom can work and would effectively make the font bigger, but its still a little easier if the document just comes up with the bigger font.

As far as going to a specific page I never thought about that. Does someone have an answer to that?

Gerry