Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
Our tablets are not setup to update over OTA and you don't need to revert anything. So far all the updates that they release for other devices are doing a clean install so you need a backup of your data.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
Thanks, goodoane. I use rootbackup pro and have both a sd backup as well as an online backup. Was unsure how they would push out the update so wanted to be sure.

On another note,I experienced a problem tonight on the wife's S7. It is rooted with z4root and we use link2sd. Seems about every 5 minutes or so the calibration screen pops up and we have to go thru the cal process which completes then we can go back to whatever we were doing. Have tried removing battery and going thru a startup with no change. As a last resort I unrooted and did a factory reset as per a thread here. The cal screen continues to pop up ao we are off to bestbuy tomorrow to exchange this one (just picked it up last week). The other 2 S7's have no problems so I believe this is possibly a factory defect. Anyone else had this problem? Thanks

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
good news:

finally s7 user at surabaya has confirmed got froyo update at service center

bad news

he can not get ROM file to be share with us

still another wait until this file available to download. :(

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
Do you know the version number at all? As if we know that we might be able to get it from the Huawei site. =)

~Ivy

SikYou

Dec 25, 2010
Kinda feels like maybe we are getting to the point where we might actually see Froyo! ;) Too bad it is already outdated...

lemmyslender

Jan 10, 2011
Couldn't the user do a clockwork backup of system and boot (not data)? Perhaps pass it along to one of the folks here for analysis?

badsig

Mar 12, 2011
There is still hope! By the way, I rang a few different sections of Telstra (pre-paid customer service, pre-paid technical support, contracted services customer service and technical support as well) asking about an update for the T-Touch (australian version of the S7) and i've been told by every single representative that there is no update planned for the T-Touch (S7) from Telstra...

This could however mean either Telstra is still in early testing of the 2.2 update (installing their bloatware, etc) or Telstra has no plans of updating the T-Touch (S7) to 2.2 in Australia. Either way, I'll be updating to 2.2 when a version from China/Singapore is released :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Do you guys have root your Froyo installs

We can walk him through how to get us the components we would need to possibly get the thing up and running on our devices, if they did not change stuff on the radio side, that is.

All we need is a system dump in the form of a tar, and a dump of the boot partition containing the kernel and ramdisk.

The device first needs to be rooted. Best if adb rooted. Try superoneclick ([APP]SuperOneClick v1.7 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers) and choose terminal root.

Then download busybox and dump_image from this post (or anywhere else. I got these files from CM7RC4), and use adb push to put it into /system/bin with the correct permissions to execute. Extract the zip files.

Code:
adb remount
adb push busybox /system/bin/busybox
adb push dump_image /system/bin/dump_image
adb shell
after seeing the # symbol.
Code:
chmod 755 /system/bin/busybox
chmod 755 /system/bin/dump_image
/system/bin/dump_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
/system/bin/busybox tar czvf /sdcard/systemdump /system
Upload the results... I hope I entered the commands in correctly...
Multiupload is preferred.

Additionally, it would be good if you have the firmware build string for us so we can compare this or fetch it off Huawei when they upload it to their server...

Attachments

• $dump_image.zip
    5.8 KB · Views: 197
  • $busybox.zip
    274.4 KB · Views: 210

shanksv

Nov 13, 2010
This is great news, now if you could follow xaueious's instructions in the previous post and dump the files that would be great!!!

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
Downloaded File and It appears to be a copy of the Singapore ROM in a zip filed labeled as the new ROM.
Must be a late April Fools Joke!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Oh crap. There is no known method to root 2.2.2 right now. That's going to have to wait.

Looks like they did some crazy stuff to the baseband to.

Do you still have fastboot access? If not we are screwed.

But I think the rest of us will have to wait for the update package.

Status
Not open for further replies.