Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

monderald

Apr 1, 2011
firmware file is not physically at their site and while it's there does not appear and the people will not upgraded to 2.2.2 it would have been deemed fakie ... Unless of course you are in Indonesia, there is a file and you can follow any responses to provide it to update the rest. :)

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
firmware file is not physically at their site and while it's there does not appear and the people will not upgraded to 2.2.2 it would have been deemed fakie ... Unless of course you are in Indonesia, there is a file and you can follow any responses to provide it to update the rest. :)

firmware file is not physically at their site does not mean it is not physically available at Huawei authorized service center.

there are some files available to public and some are confidential, this is Huawei policy.

and of course gentho from indonesia, and i am sure he got froyo already ;)

arai

Feb 16, 2011
Fortunately, on Monday I will give away my hauwei s7 samsung galaxy to move to the tab.
Politics and the Behavior of huawei me deeply disappointed and I will do everything to make it known on the internet.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The fact that we have some sort of Android 2.2 build in the wild at all was supposed to be good news. it is good news to me...

Not sure where the Indonesian forum is, or I would have had a look there myself already.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
make fun of us?

Huh? They actually are stating how good the S7 is compaired to the EG Touch that is being released in Indonesia. Not making fun of anyone =P

NOW we know why Froyo was released there though. To have a "one up" on the competition as the EG Touch only has 2.1

katamashifan

Mar 27, 2011
Sorry for my English, but see on that page that had os.2.2, I was surprised. I hope to be able to sell quickly and get rid of an object that has a post so bad sales. I had great confidence in Huawei .....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am guessing this service center: Gemilang Surya Mandiri
eSTdQ.png

Are these service centers supposed to handle official warranty repairs? Things don't work this way in Canada (or probably the US) with big name electronics brands, so I am a little confused by what this all means.

More pictures would be nice.

gentho

Apr 6, 2011
eSTdQ.png

Are these service centers supposed to handle official warranty repairs? Things don't work this way in Canada (or probably the US) with big name electronics brands, so I am a little confused by what this all means.

Yes xaueious...that one is the only one authorized service centre in surabaya...this office officially included in the list of service centre in http://www.huaweidevice.co.id website.....I upgraded my S7 in this little service centre...:)

Inferno

Apr 9, 2011
WTB local Service Center =P

hi, have anybody in jakarta updated to 2.2? could u please kindly share the place as yesterday I called TS (one of service center in the list) addressed at ITC Kuningan but they said the update 2.2 froyo for S7 not yet available??! Then asked me to contact service center at Roxy but then I called them with no answer on the phone....thank

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
hi, have anybody in jakarta updated to 2.2? could u please kindly share the place as yesterday I called TS (one of service center in the list) addressed at ITC Kuningan but they said the update 2.2 froyo for S7 not yet available??! Then asked me to contact service center at Roxy but then I called them with no answer on the phone....thank

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum

same with me. i call some service centers around tangerang/jakarta barat, no one knows about the update. they suggested to call main service center at roxy mas but nobody answer the phone (wtf, i called them since 4 days ago).

if your location close to Roxy, better come there, i am sure the update available there as email from huawei said so.

eSTdQ.png

Huawei (or perhaps huawei authorized distributors) does not handle warranty repairs by them self, but give it to outsource. most of the electronic things (even big brand) in indonesia works like this. and the phone repair shops also get contracts from others phone manufactures.

Status
Not open for further replies.