Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Linpack MFLOPS 34.344

Adobe Flash apk works great

Installing not recommended right now, because it can break things

You can now set ADW launcher default

Just ran sensordebug. They screwed up the g-sensor again, but it is different than last time. X is now completely swapped with Y.

Wifi actually seemed okay on mine. Did not notice the connection drops.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Works:
Wifi
SD
Sound
Internet w/ flash!
Camera

Doesn't work:
BT
GSM Radio
GPS
Market (Attempted to install a new market apk file... still failed to "establish a reliable data connection to server")

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
For the radio data, I think we really need the update.app file.

~ivy

so in short, no way to get "full" froyo update until this updata.app available for public?

then scan huawei website LOL. just kidding. don't do this, really, i've overloaded their server few days ago with just 3 pc.

ivyvisors

Dec 29, 2010
so in short, no way to get "full" froyo update until this updata.app available for public?

then scan huawei website LOL. just kidding. don't do this, really, i've overloaded their server few days ago with just 3 pc.

Pretty much, I've been thinking of scripting something to try and see if it's there or not.

But I'm sure there will be more releases as time goes on.

~ivy

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011

going to try it but requreid .net framework 4
just wondering which server does it scans?

i've use use batch download and zip preview (a lot of download manager support batch download).
file at Huawei Device - A world-leading network terminals provider use incremental file numbering so it is easier to scan. latest file number about 3988X.
but file at http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/ use YYMMDDHHMMSS file numbering, it is pretty much number to scan, thats why i've overloaded LOL. imo no way to scan files at http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdownload/ in short period without overloaded their server.

braclark

Jan 17, 2011
It looks like the YYMMDDHHMMSS of the file link is the same as the release date for the file. I was thinking that when they upload the file for the web, that it assigns the current YYMMDDHHMMSS and publishes the link all at once, so there would be no chance of a file existing before a link was posted at Software - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

dethanjl

Mar 15, 2011
just a thought, has anyone looked at the kernal for the 880 that was posted? maybe the radio stuff is the same and we could grab it for there? just guessing, don't really know how all this stuff works.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
hi guys, we have great news for all of us.

huawei sent update file to someone out of jakarta, because there is no huawaei sc available.

so we can get leaked froyo update.

i don't want put download link here, you can see in Categories - Forum Android Indonesia.

(he is still uploading right now.)
Well, my indonesian is not what it used to be, however, there does seem to be activity along these lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.