Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2011
any info on 2.2?
i really want to hack it someway. there is not much development for this tablet which is a shame. wish someone could make a custom rom. better yet port 3.0 to it;D

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
Yes, we're all anxiously waiting. And this title is so misleading! OMG, official 2.2 release for S7!

Edit: Thanks ;)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2011
Not yet im hoping Huawei will live up to there word and give us the 2.2 firmware. Even if they dont (which would be crazy) we could probably just install the s7 pro's OS which is 2.2 on the original s7 because it is pretty much the same divice but with better hardware. (maybe)

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
What are you guys looking forward to with the S7 and 2.2? I want to be as excited as everyone else.

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
I want flash for my browser & the ability to teather, improved bluetooth and it appears that app developers seem to have stopped support for 2.1. ( Winamp just removed shoutcast support )

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'm merging this into the main thread.

Renamed thread title to what I heard...

ihlla

Mar 10, 2011
Hoooo ... can't wait. Every day I check for news about the s7 2.2 release :) Hope It'll be easy to intsall, even from a Mac.
- app2sd
- flash
- applications not compatible with the 2.1 or lower (voxound, the NI adam stock applications, ...)
It's enough to be excited.
It seems that 2.2 improves battery life and performance also, but I can't tell. We'll see :)

zek

Jan 15, 2011
Does anyone have an idea/experience of the battery life impact with an upgrade from 2.1 to 2.2 on others tablets?

zek

Jan 15, 2011
By the way, there are changes on the huawei web site ; the service center research engine is different with a specific section for IDEOS, including S7.

in the "past" (yesterday...), our fabulous machine was in the "home device"....

Work in progress for the 2.2 update...

Status
Not open for further replies.