Official 2.2 Release for S7 from Huawei - Update? Status = 'Released in Indonesia'

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
Actually, I had an awesome experience shopping for my S7 on the phone for BestBuy US... From Canada.

If there is no BestBuy 2.2, I hope Huawei release for Singapore so we have a compatible release. That ROM is in Traditional Chinese by default, which is better for me :)

Ok, I can see BestBuy reviewing this update in the same manner that they might review any product they sell..because this would be a new face on the product. However, if they somehow keep us from getting it I'll never buy from them again. Really....this was the first thing I bought from them in years anyway so I know I'll stick to the threat!

badsig

Mar 12, 2011
I just upgraded my Telstra version of the S7 to the Singapore rom. All is well and much better due to the lack of Telstra bloatware! The only hickup I had was the device being in Chinese (or similar) after the firmware upgrade, but I still remembered where to go in the menu to change it to english. When 2.2 is released, by Huawei, we in Australia will still have to wait another extra month or two for Telstra to install all their bloatware and then release their version, so I'll instead just update again with the 2.2 Singapore version :)

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I noticed on Huawei's forum that they will release a universal version of 2.2, which kind of makes sense. I couldn't see any way BestBuy would be involved since they are not like AT&T, Sprint etc. that is selling you service and has a vested interest in supporting the product. That really didn't make sense to me.

They also say it will support both processor speeds, which a universal rom would have to I guess. This is very good news assuming they do eventually release it.

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
Ok Im tapping my foot and getting angry now. Its starting to remind me of my damn Archos IMT that they basically abandon until archillies stepped up to the plate with a line drive to the nads.

RoyEP3

Feb 3, 2011
What's with all the impatience? Haven't they told us March since a long time ago? They still have some time to deliver.

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
I guess Android 2.2 upgrade is not available until the S7 Slim is fully rolled out. That's just a pure marketing trick because they don't want Ideos s7 and S7 Slim compete each other. So wait in April or maybe in May.

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
I guess it dont matter anyway. Im gonna upgrade to the pro when its available.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

cdkelly5

Feb 8, 2011
I would really love for 2.2 to come out as this so far has been a really great little tablet. I sent my S Galaxy tab back to that I gould get the 9in when it comes out. I needed something to play with. I am hopefully getting my pc's ready to start learning how to open up the firmware and ROM's so that I can learn development. Any guidance counselors out there willing to guide a noob? that will also go into my intro post.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I guess it dont matter anyway. Im gonna upgrade to the pro when its available.
Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

The pro looks like it may be a good bet. However, my next tablet after the S7 might be whatever wins the race to have Netflix. At least, I'll wait to see how that shakes out before I invest in another one.

I still want 2.2 on the S7 though.....I'd like to get the speed bump, app2sd and a few extra apps that require froyo.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Speaking of netflix - that's one of the reasons I defected to the Galaxy Tab (still have my S7 though). Using PlayOn server software and the accompanying android app from Media Mall I am able to stream netflix, hulu, Amazon VOD, Comedy Channel, and a host of other content websites as well as network shares on my server to my Tablet via WiFi or 3G!. This is truly the killer tablet app for me. Problem is, will only work on devices that with 2.2 or higher because it needs Flash. Hence the Galaxy Tab. Plus Samsung has provided useful accessories such as an HTML dock and a composite audio/video cable that connects to the dock port on the tab. Now I can view my digital video collection or online content on the go. Here's another reason to really push for the upgrad. Good luck S7 owners - hope it comes soon.

platinumdrgn

Mar 21, 2011
I know this is my first post, but i purchased a s7 tablet after reading all the reviews. I was happy with it as long as the 2.2 update was coming out. I just contacted customer support to ask about when the update was going to be rolling out. To my surprise the tech rep that i talked to notified me that the update was now pushed back to the 3rd quarter, which means by september. I am going to be returning my tablet and swapping to something that has support.

Status
Not open for further replies.