Official Acer Response Re: 3.1

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011

Thanks very much for posting that. It saved me making a phone call to Acer!

Frankly what they are doing makes perfect sense. BUT THEY SHOULD HAVE LET US USERS KNOW IT AHEAD OF TIME!!! A simple e-mail blast telling all A500 users that the 3.1 update is on its way, but before it will be released to all users, they will be doing a few test batch releases. If they let us know I doubt there would be any complaints at all. Instead all they did was make an announcement on Facebook (I believe) and all it said was that 3.1 would be released to the A500 on July 5th. So naturally EVERYONE assumed EVERYONE would get it on the 5th.

So again, the bottom line is that Acer has to improve their communications to their A500 users and doing so would greatly decrease the level of user frustration!!

Gerry

Uncron

May 19, 2011
I got the update 2 days ago I’m in Ottawa Ontario Canada

Guess i won the lottery eh?

PS if you have your device rooted make sure you unroot it before you update or your will have trouble rooting it again.

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

My update is just coming through right now. It unzipped and is now in that update screen. Will advise later.

Gerry

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
Hi ALL,

Yes, I got 3.1! Total process took about 15 minutes and so far everything seems to be running fine. Seems a little quicker, but that may be my imagination!!

Acer still needs to get better with communication to their users. Hopefully everyone else will get their 3.1 soon!

Gerry

P. S. Cell Phone use in battery status is GONE!

jimbovia

Jun 12, 2011
I did get the firmware update the other day, and then got 3.1 today. All seems to be well. Btw, I did read someoneelse's post about a memory card being inserted could possibly impact the update. I had one in and it didn't cause an issue.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
I did get the firmware update the other day, and then got 3.1 today. All seems to be well. Btw, I did read someoneelse's post about a memory card being inserted could possibly impact the update. I had one in and it didn't cause an issue.

That wasn't a problem for me either. I had an add-on micro USB card installed and a microUSB card in the USB port when I did the 3.1 updated.

kes601

May 23, 2011
I just did a manual check for the update, downloading and installing now.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
Got mine a few minutes ago. I was excited for wmv file support, but it still won't play. I haven't had much success with videos. It's been very frustrating. I have handbrake, but haven't really played with it enough.