Oh crap - tried to change keyboard & now a bunch of stuff is in Chinese

fred

Mar 25, 2011
I have a Superpad 10.2" Tablet PC just to see if I might like the tablet experience; it has the following specs.

• OS: Android 2.1 Processor: FlyTouch ARM11 1Ghz RAM: 256MB DDR2
  • WiFi Enabled
  • Internal Hard Drive: 2GB Flash with 2 TF slots for expansion (supports MicroSD 32GB max)
  • Ports: 2 x USB 2.0, 2 x MicroSD Slots, Mini HDMI, DC Jack, 3.5mm Headphone/Line-Out, RJ45 Ethernet
  • Display: 10.2" TFT Touch Screen (1024 x 600 resolution)
I was trying to modify all the Chinese settings and was successful on some... when I tried to change the keyboard, I must have touched something WRONG... now some of the apps are in Chinese and some are not. I cannot get everything back to the default and I cannot read Chinese & don't remember all the menu items before they went rogue. I've tried the reset button but it does not reset all menus to English.

How can I get back to square one? Please help!
Thanks

DroidOut

Mar 22, 2011
from the home screen
hit menu then hit settings, if it is in chinese then it is the last icon to the right.
starting from the top go to the 7th icon which is privacy
after you click on 7th icon go to the 3 one which is factory data reset
then hit reset device icon then check the box to erase local settings and then hit the icon below the check box to finish the factory reset.

hope this help you navigate through the chinese interface

fred

Mar 25, 2011
from the home screen
hit menu then hit settings, if it is in chinese then it is the last icon to the right.
starting from the top go to the 7th icon which is privacy
after you click on 7th icon go to the 3 one which is factory data reset
then hit reset device icon then check the box to erase local settings and then hit the icon below the check box to finish the factory reset.

hope this help you navigate through the chinese interface

Thanks for the info. I was able to get things restored using the reset button a couple more times.

fred

Mar 25, 2011
press”reset” key (on the bottom of machine) with a needle or other wiry thing.

1hen2ducks

Mar 7, 2011
Thanks for telling me that.
I thought the reset was the little hole on top next to the "On" button.
I stuck in a paperclip and nothing happened so I thought I had better stop and ask.

:rolleyes:

Chucked

Jul 20, 2012
Your info is helpful but since I can't read the Chinese, not sure which button is privacy. Can u give instructions using icons? Tried hitting reset button on bottom.... It's not helping either.