Ok, do I have to use the forum for all communications?

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
Got my elf II this past Monday, Loved it, then on Saturday I was playing a game and a line of pixels went white across the screen.

IMG_20120623_161244.jpg

I sent an email and a PM with the expectation that I would at least have some response Monday morning (Eastern US), that being the end of your business day. Since it's coming up on the end of the return window, I'm a little worried about being ignored. If you're a shoestring operation, that's one thing, but every email client can autosend confirmation messages.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
That looks like a screen, (hardware) problem. I would return it if you're concerned about the support.

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
Believe me, I'm trying to.... 2 emails, a pm on this forum. Facebook message. Support is becoming an issue. Because they miss their own published deadlines.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Hi, tronmech:

Our customer service just contacted you and solved your problems right? because of the dragon boat holiday, we have three days holiday,and don't reply email in time, we hope your understand.

and any problem about your order,please post back, we will try our best to help.

thanks

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
Well, it's not solved, but at this point it's more the fault of the US(eless) Postal Service.

Apparently USPS has had a policy forbidding the international shipment of any electronics containing lithium-ion batteries. And since UPS, fedex, and DHL all quote shipping costs of > $100 to send this tablet back to china, I'm well and truly hosed.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/mcbub-com/42232-us-eless-postal-service.html

yash3339

May 24, 2012
Well, it's not solved, but at this point it's more the fault of the US(eless) Postal Service.

Apparently USPS has had a policy forbidding the international shipment of any electronics containing lithium-ion batteries. And since UPS, fedex, and DHL all quote shipping costs of > $100 to send this tablet back to china, I'm well and truly hosed.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/mcbub-com/42232-us-eless-postal-service.html

Very sorry to hear that, blame it on luck.
Maybe you can come to an understanding with the vendor and remove the battery before sending it to them. All the best!

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
My last shipping option was DHL -- the shipper who sent the thing IN to the US. As soon as they found out what it was, off to the land of surcharges. So, at this time, it will cost more than the unit itself did to send it back via any international shipper. The only way to send it back for warranty replacement without spending more than the unit cost would be to remove the battery. Which voids the warranty. Catch 22.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Finding someone flying that way is the only thing I can think of. You're right, catch 22.

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
A new update: Thus far the best way to describe McBub's customer support is -- glacial. I managed to get the tablet to them without paying through the nose, and have a postal receipt saying it was in fact delivered to the location they gave me. It was delivered there on the 9th. I was promised that the refund would be processed and back in to my account on the 13th. Well, that didn't happen. Then I was promised Monday. And now they've gone radio silent. I am a day away from entering a PayPal transaction dispute.

Needless to say, I'm beginning to appreciate old fashioned "bricks and mortar" stores more and more. Even the cheapie tablet I got at big lots as an interim measure can be returned there with no hassle within the first 2 weeks. And I'd get my $ back immediately.

McBub.com

Jan 14, 2012
Wow, Brian, that is you, this is the old message, but i would like to make up the response. Now things done, better for you guys send an email to our service mail box in the future when you have questions or problems, by that way can get the fast reply than here, and the live chat is available for you as well every days.
Here we can also chat, no problem

Best regards
Apple

Tronmech

Apr 2, 2011
Well, after 2 or 3 live charts,a Facebook message, and uncounted emails, I got my refund. They did go the extra mile to make it so I wouldn't have to pay over$100 to send the tablet back.

Once the usps gets its act together, maybe I'll be willing to risk buying from an overseas seller again. Have the various dealers considered getting together to ask their manufacturers to start using user replaceable batteries? It would dramatically simplify warranty repairs.

Sent from my Polaroid Tablet using Tapatalk 2