OK - I'm new to this whole tablet + android world, in need of guidance!?

HTok

Sep 18, 2011
Hi to everyone ...i'm new to this whole tablet and android world
i'm a student, currently don't have as much to spend on tablets or laptops and such but hey, i took a brochure from a shop inside the college and there it was an affordable tablet "Coby Kyros MID7024-4G" ok so now i thought why not buy this BUT first let me do some research ...after several youtube videos and pages about coby tablets/prices/versions ...i come to find out that i don't know which one to buy exactly ..

Resistive vs Capacitive (Capacitive wins of course)

1 - Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 2.3 4 GB - MID7022-4G
2 - Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 2.2 4 GB - MID7024-4G

the best choice stops at: Amazon.com: Coby Kyros 7-Inch*Android 2.3 4 GB Internet Touchscreen Tablet with Capacitive Touchscreen - MID7022-4G (Black): Computers & Accessories

1 - Coby Kyros 7-Inch Android 2.3 4 GB - MID7022-4G
^^ It being 2.3 Gingerbread, Capacitive and youtube videos just gave me all the hype i needed to go for it

Do you guys have any other suggestions as to what i could consider buying instead? i'd like to get a bunch of opinions and then get a final decision

Oh and do you guys know if they're also available in montreal, canada shops ...ive been googling about it ...bestbuy.ca, futureshop.ca and so on but i can't find MID7022 specifically....help would be appreciated!

Website suggestion: There should be a sub-forum for every version of the COBY tablets and other tablets as well, it would be easier to navigate through the informations.

poormanstab99

Sep 19, 2011
Here are some Canadian online retailers. COBY Kyros MID7022 - Price Comparison - Canada - Tablets
I checked ToysRUs.ca but they only have the 7024 as it seems. The US stores carry the 7022

Go with the 7022, worth the 2.3droid version. Installing the Android Market + Flash, you can't beat it. I have been using this for school and opening lectures, class files, videos, pdf's works great!

lupedog

Aug 26, 2011
go with the 7022, its got a better OS, the capacitive touch is nice, and its easier to unlock from what I hear.

dmyrick1967

Sep 11, 2011
I say go to fry's and dont pass go. They have the 8in 2.3 on sale for 139 this weekend. A great bargain.

Sent from my MID1024 using Android Tablet Forum

wolf55

Sep 29, 2011
I got the 7022 from amazon ($173.05) while I was at it, I also got the HDE 7 tablet stand with USB keyboard ($17.61) and a 32 GB microsd card ($43.39) add in shipping and I got it all for about $245.00. I've had it for a couple of weeks, the market was easy to install and then added flash 10.3. With the market I was able to add netflix and have been very happy with the whole setup. I have a wi-fi setup at home and work so using the tablet is a breeze, only complaint is battery life, but since I am almost always near a plug-in that isn't really a problem with me.
I am a complete newbie with tablets and android. I don't even own a smart phone, just use a trackphone from wal-mart, but it's hard to beat a $6.00 a month cell bill.