OK just want a little help with Craig CMP738b

Oct 7, 2011
OK I am computer literate but this thing is a whole new ball game for me. The owners manual does not contain the information I need. I would appreciate assistance.
Now I have researched both Wifi and G3. This thing is G3 ready, but am I correct in thinking that you have to buy a module to plug into the USB port in order to use G3? I have such a module that I can purchase that uses Sprint. It is called "ready broadband". Does anyone know anything good or bad about this module?
Do you have to do the same for Wifi or can you just go to a Wifi public hotspot like Mc Donalds and use it? I have no interest in setting up Wifi at home BTW because that is what I have a desktop for. Do you have to buy some type of service (or gadget or both) to access Wifi or is it truly free?
Also I tried to locate host mode on it so that I could access my desktop directly and came up empty. It seems the instruction book is flawed. I have not tried to attach it to an external hard drive yet to see if it reads those.
Can someone please just give me some basic, simple instructions in plain English that I can understand? Thanks.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us here at Android Tablets. I'm moving your post to the Craig Tablets section of the forum, Someone over there should be able to help you.

FoxboyJT

Oct 6, 2011
OK I am computer literate but this thing is a whole new ball game for me. The owners manual does not contain the information I need. I would appreciate assistance.
Now I have researched both Wifi and G3. This thing is G3 ready, but am I correct in thinking that you have to buy a module to plug into the USB port in order to use G3? I have such a module that I can purchase that uses Sprint. It is called "ready broadband". Does anyone know anything good or bad about this module?
Do you have to do the same for Wifi or can you just go to a Wifi public hotspot like Mc Donalds and use it? I have no interest in setting up Wifi at home BTW because that is what I have a desktop for. Do you have to buy some type of service (or gadget or both) to access Wifi or is it truly free?
Also I tried to locate host mode on it so that I could access my desktop directly and came up empty. It seems the instruction book is flawed. I have not tried to attach it to an external hard drive yet to see if it reads those.
Can someone please just give me some basic, simple instructions in plain English that I can understand? Thanks.

ReadyBroadband should work, though I haven't tried it myself, (But why would you want to pay monthly to use 3G when you could just spend like, $40 for a wireless router, one time?) and the device has a internal WiFi antenna, so if you go to a public hotspot and connect to it, you just have to agree to their Terms of Service, then your online! WiFi is really free. Also, without being hooked up to the same network, the tablet is NOT able to connect to your computer, so you would have to buy a wireless router, and hook up your computer through the router, and use the wireless internet it provides on your tablet to access your computer. Finally, yes, it can read external HD's, as long as they are formatted in FAT32. I haven't tried any linux partitions yet, but NTFS does NOT work. Hope I helped.

Oct 7, 2011
OK Foxboy that helps alot. I wanted the gadget exclusively for for accessing information while on the road, like when I go out fishing I would have it for accessing the web. That's just one example. I will have to mull further what I want to do. Thanks again. :)