i found problem about battery drain of onda 712

i tired edit power-profile.xml following config Nexus 7

But it was not better.

Who can fix this problem ?

please tell me.

Thank you

prozak

Jan 14, 2013
How many hours are you getting of usage? Onda batteries are known to not last that much. If you are getting less than 3 hours of continous usage.

You can install Battery install and monitore the apps. We need a bit more details

xelsson

Nov 25, 2012
It is much worse after the latest update. I updated just two hours ago and it is "Cell Standby" that is draining the most (78% right now). Since I don't even have a dongle for 3G this is strange of course. I'm trying using it in airplane mode now (but with enabled wifi), seems to work better at least.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Jelly Bean just uses to much power for some reason. I had the exact same issue with a v712 and returned it to the shop.They admitted that the battery in the v712 is just too small.

xelsson

Nov 25, 2012
This isn't the regular "onda got bad battery". My v712 was fine before I updated to 4.1.1. It draw hardly any battery with the screen turned off, could lay untouched for a week at least. Now I would be surprised if it would make 4 hours because of the "Cell Standby" drain.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
This isn't the regular "onda got bad battery". My v712 was fine before I updated to 4.1.1. It draw hardly any battery with the screen turned off, could lay untouched for a week at least. Now I would be surprised if it would make 4 hours because of the "Cell Standby" drain.

Onda recommend fully charging and draining of the battery after the JB update or just use this app

re-calibrating your battery -

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erycalibration

Last edited:

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013

The cell drainage notification can be removed by removing the phone.apk and the telephone provider.apk from the system folder. After it will not show any cell standby in the battery stats anymore.

If it also improves the battery life is another question.

I remeber when I uograded my v712 version 2 with the Onda firmware, the battery would drain at 1% per minute only in standby with the screen on. Once it reached something like 45% charge it would drain to 5% within 5 minutes.

I tried calibrating with the tool provided by iiDiabolusZz but without any result.

I also applied Android terminal emulator https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm&feature=search_result as suggested on another forum, but that would result in my battery not charging anymore untill I downgraded to ICS..

Depump

Jan 28, 2013
i edit build.prop at wording

nophone=false change to true

cell standby don't show in my tablet

but i use batterydrain to check

i see battery drain 1 percent per minute

because onda have small battery (3000 mah) it not enough for use long time

xelsson

Nov 25, 2012
I've re-calibrated now. Didn't make a noticeable difference. The battery drain is still enormous if not wifi is off. Will downgrade in a few days if there is no solution.

DRFP

Jan 16, 2013
I noticed on 4.1 that it lasts about 4 to 5 hours at most on Web surfing with notices off
I turned off all notices
WHat WIFI card is in it?