Onda Tablet V711, Help needed.

Metount

Oct 20, 2012
Hi, I have an Onda V711 tablet and it has stopped working.
It ran fine for a few days but then it froze and after restarting it, it would not load past the white android figure.
I have tried pressing the reset button, I have tried doing a factory reset and i have tried to flash the firmware but nothing i did would load after the android figure.
Unless someone has any suggestions I will have to send it back for repair and that will take about a month so i am hoping someone can help. Thanks in advance.

camsarria

Sep 20, 2012
Hello, that happened to me as well, and forget returns, onda doesnt respond to e-mails, webforms anything.

I fixed this by downloading the v4 firmware patch from ONDA (use the google translator to see thru the chinese language) and copied it to the SD card from the tablet (use a card reader on the computer).

Turn the tablet off (make sure it has battery) press home (keep it pressed all the time) and while pressing it click power till you see the android logo, and keep pressing home till an android maintenance dummy shows up (this takes 1 min, be patient) and then just wait till the progress bar is 100%.

Metount

Oct 20, 2012
Thank you for the response. I will try this as soon as I can and will post the results.