Onda V2.1 Firmware Changes

benzi

Dec 28, 2012
Did anyone already install the v2.1 firmware for the V811? Just wondered, because there is no changelog nor any info about that update.

benzi

Dec 28, 2012
OK, I installed the v2.1 on my V811. I folllowed iiDiabolusZz' updating and rooting routine as described in this forum, which worked fine. Apart from loosing all apps and data with the update i can't see any striking differences, except for the addition of one or two additional chinese apps. Perhaps it feels a bit (once more) snappier now when switching on from standby and accessing wireless networks. But that may be a subjective impression. No problems otherwise.

Last edited:

kobien

Dec 22, 2012
I am interested in buying v811. Could you please let me know how long does the battery lasts for games and how much for browsing?

Thanks!

Last edited:

panita

Jan 6, 2013
I am interested in buying v811. Could you please let me know how long does the battery lasts for games and how much for browsing?

Thanks!

I'd estimate that my v811 lasts around 4 hours of gaming. I've never tested for just browsing but I'd assume it would be about 5 hours. It's not as good as my Asus transformer but I think its pretty reasonable. I'm actually selling an v811 on ebay at the moment but I'm in the UK so not much help to you.