Onda V701 ICS 4.0.3 with Play Store etc.. Walk-Through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Will the Rooting process work with a v811? (I already have the 811 1.5 firmware on a micro sd..)

Yes the root is simple just copy root.zip to sdcard, boot to recovery and select apply update from sdcard and select root.zip. If your just rooting dont wipe/reset or clear cache just apply the update. If your installing your firmware then just follow guide from start but using your firmware file, not the one above. Let me no how you get on, thanks.

Last edited:

asjohnston3

Oct 10, 2012
I now have a rooted 811! WooHoo! Their were just a couple of minor modifications I had to make. The 811 uses touch screen vol. controls so you use the home button to to cycle through your options. I wanted to re-install 1.5 after the data - cache - partition wipe to see if it would help the start up problem. I used a freshly formatted 8 gig micro SD and placed the zip file on it. I selected it for the update but it kept failing. Something about failing to verify a signature or certificate. In any case, I did a quick format on the card and extracted the files to it.(from the 1.5 zip package) I then replaced it in the slot and selected the g12refM806A2SPI.zip file on the card for the update. It then went through with out any difficulties. Their is a 2nd Patch.zip file that comes with the 1.5 package. Their is a separate Patch.zip file in the 1.5 package that has all the bloatware apps & some other stuff that it looks like I may need. I'll just wait and see & if it turns out I need them for something I'll just side load them... In any case, I just wanted you to know how things turned out... Once again, many thanks.....

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I now have a rooted 811! WooHoo! Their were just a couple of minor modifications I had to make. The 811 uses touch screen vol. controls so you use the home button to to cycle through your options. I wanted to re-install 1.5 after the data - cache - partition wipe to see if it would help the start up problem. I used a freshly formatted 8 gig micro SD and placed the zip file on it. I selected it for the update but it kept failing. Something about failing to verify a signature or certificate. In any case, I did a quick format on the card and extracted the files to it.(from the 1.5 zip package) I then replaced it in the slot and selected the g12refM806A2SPI.zip file on the card for the update. It then went through with out any difficulties. Their is a 2nd Patch.zip file that comes with the 1.5 package. Their is a separate Patch.zip file in the 1.5 package that has all the bloatware apps & some other stuff that it looks like I may need. I'll just wait and see & if it turns out I need them for something I'll just side load them... In any case, I just wanted you to know how things turned out... Once again, many thanks.....

Hi glad it helped, just to let you no you did right with the zip file, forgot to mention onda bundle there firmware in a zip containing both firmware and patch.zip, the g12refM806A2SPI.zip is your firmware file the patch.zip contains all the chinese apps so dont use it unless you want them!!!

vortgrenade4

Nov 14, 2012
sir I already have a baseband 1.5.5 and ICS 4.0.3 can I just follow the root process already? if not can you give me a link of the firmware? and what to do? mine is Onda v712? and how do i "select"? mine doesn't have a physical volume button. thanks in advance

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
sir I already have a baseband 1.5.5 and ICS 4.0.3 can I just follow the root process already? if not can you give me a link of the firmware? and what to do? mine is Onda v712? and how do i "select"? mine doesn't have a physical volume button. thanks in advance

Hi, yes the root is simple just copy root.zip to sdcard, boot to recovery and select apply update from sdcard and select root.zip. If your just rooting dont wipe/reset or clear cache just apply the update.

Demunvirus

Nov 15, 2012
After i installed the root.zip and rebooted, now my tablet is stuck with the white robot. thank's alot.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
After i installed the root.zip and rebooted, now my tablet is stuck with the white robot. thank's alot.

Can i ask which tablet your rooting? also if its stuck on white droid then just restart to boot menu and try clearing cache and then apply root to see if that works failing that do i full reset then root it.

Nov 19, 2012
And this will fix the PlayStore problem right ? I cant use it on my V701 because it fails to register my gmail account.
And wich version of the firmware should i choose ? Every model except the V701 seems to be there. Does it work with V702 ? considering it got the same specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.