Onda V711 HD playback problem

peromax

Dec 23, 2012
Hi, I have a problem playing Mkv 720p files on my onda v711.I have installed jelly bean on it.When I play 720p mkv with Mx player it has problems with artifacts when HW acceleration is on.When Sw decoding is on it is relly laggy. I also tried Bs player but it is even slower.I think this tablet should play HD files with its dual core processor.Please help guys.

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Peromax. Try turning off other functions and background operations while replaying MKVs. Matroskas are still rather taxing on the processor even for higher end tablets, you might be getting it as good as it gets. Try alternative players like VLC player etc. Season's Greetings!

peromax

Dec 23, 2012
Hi Peromax. Try turning off other functions and background operations while replaying MKVs. Matroskas are still rather taxing on the processor even for higher end tablets, you might be getting it as good as it gets. Try alternative players like VLC player etc. Season's Greetings!
Still working slow, when I turned hw acceleration it crashed.It should run smooth because I ran 1080p mkv on my previous tablet with 1ghz single core.I don't know what is the problem.

D

dvdcatalyst

Still working slow, when I turned hw acceleration it crashed.It should run smooth because I ran 1080p mkv on my previous tablet with 1ghz single core.I don't know what is the problem.

The problem is that your MKV likely has video encoded in a format that is not fully compatible with the hardware decoding capabilities of your tablet.

It's not that it can't play HD video, but Matroska is a so-called "container" format, and it can contain multiple video formats (H264, VC1, DIVX, XVID, MPEG2 etc). Some of these, such as H264 and VC1 are quite demanding, which is why the video stutters in software decoding. These formats also have 100's of different options and tweaks, many of which don't translate over well to video decoder chips of mobile (low-power) devices.

If your video is encoded using the proper settings, then you will be able to use hardware decoding, and the file will play smooth.