Onda V811 on the way, wich updates?

lukaper

Nov 28, 2012
Hi!

I have been reading this forum for a coåle of days now since i ordered my Onda V811, and you guys seem great!

I want to update my tab when i get it, and have found manu tips on this, too many... Can someone guide me to wich is the easiest way to go when updating this tab? Is this the right way to go?:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-pre-rooted-su-google-apps-iidiablouszz.html

Is there anything else i should to to the tab to get it to work optimal?

Thanx!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi!

I have been reading this forum for a coåle of days now since i ordered my Onda V811, and you guys seem great!

I want to update my tab when i get it, and have found manu tips on this, too many... Can someone guide me to wich is the easiest way to go when updating this tab? Is this the right way to go?:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...e-pre-rooted-su-google-apps-iidiablouszz.html

Is there anything else i should to to the tab to get it to work optimal?

Thanx!

Hi, welcome to the forums, the firmware link on that guide is the genuine v811 firmware from onda, i have just removed all the chinese bundled apps and installed a working Play-Store etc.. so your tablet will run at its best with that one. Any questions just ask the people on here are great and will help you out.

lukaper

Nov 28, 2012
Hi, welcome to the forums, the firmware link on that guide is the genuine v811 firmware from onda, i have just removed all the chinese bundled apps and installed a working Play-Store etc.. so your tablet will run at its best with that one. Any questions just ask the people on here are great and will help you out.

Hi!

I started checking a bit more now that i have my tablet at home! The link i had i my post only had firmware to Onda V7** serie, i have an V811. So i think i should follow this guide instead? :

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...all-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware.html

I dont want to get the wrong one... I also noted that i already from factory have 4.1.1 in the tablet, so maby i dont need an update... my main interest is to remove the chineese apps, i habe a worling play stor int the tablet now also from factory

Martin

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi!

I started checking a bit more now that i have my tablet at home! The link i had i my post only had firmware to Onda V7** serie, i have an V811. So i think i should follow this guide instead? :

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...all-google-play-any-onda-tablet-firmware.html

I dont want to get the wrong one... I also noted that i already from factory have 4.1.1 in the tablet, so maby i dont need an update... my main interest is to remove the chineese apps, i habe a worling play stor int the tablet now also from factory

Martin

Hi, your correct you dont need to update just root and remove apps, i have taken the section from the link you need to follow its below -

Download the following file

Root_Remove-Capps.zip

Once downloaded make sure you have no other root/factory files on sdcard then open Root_Remove_Capps.zip and drag root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to external sdcard now put the sdcard in the tablet and shut it down, wait a few moments and then press and hold the home key for 3-4 seconds then still holding home key press and hold the power key until you see the white android, then release both keys.

A green android will show along with a progress bar, it takes about 1 minute and then it will restart in chinese this time with Superuser, root explorer and no chinese apps.

I have most of the chinese apps listed to delete but should any remain you can use root explorer to delete them.

lukaper

Nov 28, 2012
Hi, your correct you d to update just root and remove apps, i have taken the section from the link you need to follow its below -

Download the following file

Root_Remove-Capps.zip

Once downloaded make sure you have no other root/factory files on sdcard then open Root_Remove_Capps.zip and drag root.zip and factory_update_param.aml to external sdcard now put the sdcard in the tablet and shut it down, wait a few moments and then press and hold the home key for 3-4 seconds then still holding home key press and hold the power key until you see the white android, then release both keys.

A green android will show along with a progress bar, it takes about 1 minute and then it will restart in chinese this time with Superuser, root explorer and no chinese apps.

I have most of the chinese apps listed to delete but should any remain you can use root explorer to delete them.

Hi!

Great, one thing thought... I saw that the last firmware released on ondas webpage was released on 4 December, this is newer then what I have... Maby some bugs have been fixed in that release?

Martin

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi!

Great, one thing thought... I saw that the last firmware released on ondas webpage was released on 4 December, this is newer then what I have... Maby some bugs have been fixed in that release?

Martin

If you go to the onda site, next to the download link is a link for details, click that and it tells you what the upgrade fixes, if its worth the upgrade then download the latest and follow the full JB section.