Onda V972 HELP

graysclassics

Feb 10, 2013
Hi guys, Just received my new V972 which was set up in english for me FOC. Trouble is, it would not download anything, it would use the browser ok but when asked to download it just forced the browser to close. Also it would not work on google store. I reset it to factory standards (foolishly) as I had deleted a few of the chinese apps and wondered it that had affected it in any way. So now I have an absolutely useless piece of Chinese crud. :mad:

Anyone know how I get it into english? Once I have done that how do I wort out the problems with downloading etc?

Thanks in advance. Gordon

graysclassics

Feb 10, 2013
Hi guys, Just received my new V972 which was set up in english for me FOC. Trouble is, it would not download anything, it would use the browser ok but when asked to download it just forced the browser to close. Also it would not work on google store. I reset it to factory standards (foolishly) as I had deleted a few of the chinese apps and wondered it that had affected it in any way. So now I have an absolutely useless piece of Chinese crud. :mad:

Anyone know how I get it into english? Once I have done that how do I wort out the problems with downloading etc?

Thanks in advance. Gordon UPDATE!!!

Getting there chaps, just played around a bit, the english setting is easy as long as you know what icon to look for - BTW it is not the jellybean 4.1 square box with the letter "A" in it on this version it has an icon like a cloud for language settings. So back in english now and downloads are seeminly ok at the moment. Perhaps deleting some of the chinese apps had implications...

graysclassics

Feb 10, 2013
All sorted now chaps... the chinese only apps just deleted by dragging to top of screen, the chinese only widgets were "disabled" from the settings menu. I got a great ebook reader downloading "Mantano" and paying for the pro version - awesome - as good if not better than ibooks... Apple - bog off - Android rules...... although it's not compatible with the chrome browser at the moment..?

Dvalin21

Oct 28, 2010
info_2.png
Updated collection of Onda V972 ROMs

Official ROMs

Version 1.32
Official Site
Mega
Release Date: 5 of February 2013
Size: 293 MB
Description:
- No Root
- Improved system stability, bug fixes
- Updated the Camera application
- The function of the burst in the Camera application with setting 10 \ s
- Improved settings display \ color
- Added intellectual illumination
- Removed the ability to shoot 1080P video back camera
- Removed the ability to charge via USB when connected to PC

Version 1.21
Official Site
Mega https://mega.co.nz/#!2V0g2CiQ!bXsIc15IJdNMyrPCkbBpQDTzT20VCa29TalzntNOuoA
Release Date: 4 of February 2013 (Now that ROM remowed from Official Site, but still on fileshare)
Size: 342 MB
Description:
- No Root
- Improved system stability, some bug fixes

Version 1.2
Official Site
Mega https://mega.co.nz/#!6EcjnSQC!KRhbHWf1CsKLhOMY9MFm-jVjG-RJnnniiM0CnN93_xg
Release Date: 16 of January 2013
Size: 296 MB
Description:
- No Root
- Fixed a problem with the front camera, when it was 0.3 megapixels instead of 2.0
- Improvements in the interface and application icons
- Improving the quality of photos
- Added the ability to shoot back camera 1080P video
- Improved system response
- Increased stability of the system

Version 1.1 Beta
Mega https://mega.co.nz/#!eAFhFKIb!SLZjKn2ChyD7P3pGsJjhMWytbtMXCHoHx2F4QI_Fv4w
Release Date: 12 of January 2013 (Now deleted from site and fileshare)
Size: 301 MB
Description:
- Comes with a Root
- Fixed a problem with the front camera, when it was 0.3 megapixels instead of 2.0
- Improved quality of photos
- Added the ability to shoot back camera 1080P video
- Improved system response

Version 1.02
Official Site
Mega https://mega.co.nz/#!HJ1D1QaT!RtO-dxecJDqQADIULLtObSHQXBNZxsHk3UMbe178Isw
Release Date: 31 of December 2012
Size: 274 MB
Description:
- Comes with a Root-rights
- At the moment is not relevant

Custom ROMs

Kasty Onda v972 41 v132 rooted
Arctablet Site
Mega https://mega.co.nz/#!jR9mTZCC!XREhmhJtYpuZITWr1kUQAEnvnnoQvfc0uAtJra7kHsU
Release Date: 7 of February 2013
Size: 260 MB
Description:
- Root with latest SuperSU 1.04 (free version)
- System default setup English
- Removed most Chinese and unnecessary applications
- Google Play Store fixes so more application are visible/compatible

Bonus:
ROOT_Core4 - First Chinese ROOT for Device
ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3 - This script, created by the Spanish user in the vast htcmania not only ROOT device, but also removes the (retaining a backup) Chinese application, and also sets the Nova Launcher. And also changes Boot Animation.
ROOT_Limpieza_Logo_V3.1 - Like not replace standard launcher, only install Nova, also removes icons of Chinese applications from the desktop, as they start up with some errors.
Onda_Allwinner_A31_root_v1_0 - Script from arctablet, alteration of the previous (not install Nova and do not change the boot animation).

Red7

Dec 26, 2012
Just update the firmware to 1.32 then root it. The root takes off all the chinese apps for you and both chrome and google play work right.

Feb 26, 2013
Compatibility issues may be fixed by downloading apps from Aptoide.. Google playstore states that numerous applications are not compatible,therefore, does not allow downloading, when in fact they are.. the newest 1.33 firmware is found to be the most fluent and stable! Onda should be out with v. 1.34 soon..

Last edited:

mario26

Mar 8, 2013
Hey guys, maybe you can help me. startup tablet onda V972 to show me ONLY "onda since 1989", nothing more. Before that he was quite right. And now I do not know how to restart it, or adjust the factory settings. Can you give me instructions.

Jayded

Mar 19, 2013
Hey guys, maybe you can help me. startup tablet onda V972 to show me ONLY "onda since 1989", nothing more. Before that he was quite right. And now I do not know how to restart it, or adjust the factory settings. Can you give me instructions.

Hi, I have the same problem - the tablet worked a few times and now just hangs on the Onda logo. The company has useless after sales service. Can we install a firmware update when it is not even booting properly?