Onda V989: Apps Install On Smaller 2GB Partition

elendil0

Oct 29, 2017
Hi,
(Onda V989, under Android 4.4.2.)

The storage is split in two partitions: the first with 1.97GB named "INTERNAL STORAGE" (almost full), and the second with 24GB and the same name of "INTERNAL STORAGE", totally free.

I encounter a problem while installing an app: by default, the application installs itself on the small 1.97GB partition, with error “Not enough space” and asking me to delete other apps.

I would like to choose the other 24GB free partition to install other apps but it seems there is no way to do this, do you have an idea?

At this time my tablet is useful as its 32GB Flash Memory is reduced to a 1.97GB single partition!

Screenshots below: (or Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet)
Ondav989Storage.png

rVmY0

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You cannot switch the two partitions, nor can you change their sizes. To change partition sizes would require access to the low level firmware of the device, which no one can get to. Switching the partition mount points would require digging into source code of the kernel, making the changes there, then recompiling the kernel and hoping you don't brick your tablet.

Solution: uninstall the apps you don't use to make room for the ones that you do use.