Onda Vi30 Tablet Won't Connect to Wireless Network

Hapless

Aug 19, 2012
I bought a Vi30 from an authorised Onda booth in SEG building in Shenzhen. Back in Singapore that same day, I discovered that I had bought a DOA (Defective on Arrival) unit - a few keys in the middle region of the Ascii keyboard were not responding . I had to change the password on my home wireless router to get this tablet to go online, but it was impossible to use this tablet as only a few Ascii keys were working.

A friend on his way to Shenzhen managed to help me exchanged for a brand new warranty replacement Onda Vi30 unit. However, another brand new tablet, another DOA!! This time it could not connect to any wireless network, however strong the wireless signal detected. Although it detected full-strength wireless signal, it simply does not respond when I hit "Connect to network". At times it could authenticate the password and appeared to connect but no application or browser could go online. I have tried different wireless points, even unsecured (no password) network, but this brand new Onda Vi30 just simply won't connect to any wireless network.

What is wrong with Onda? 2 DOA units in a row is too much for a first-time Onda user. Can someone offer some technical advice? It is too costly to fly back to China to get a replacement unit yet again. Help!!!

edepera

Nov 27, 2011
Yes I have an Onda Vi40 Mid and sometimes it takes a while before it connects to Wifi. I installed Wifi manager from Google play and that helps a lot. Sometimes I have to do connect several times but it is much better.

Hapless

Aug 19, 2012
Yes I have an Onda Vi40 Mid and sometimes it takes a while before it connects to Wifi. I installed Wifi manager from Google play and that helps a lot. Sometimes I have to do connect several times but it is much better.

Problem is I have to get connected first to access Play Store to download Wifi Manager. Thanks very much for your suggestion anyway.