Onda Vi40 Elite Firmware Updates, OTA Function Added.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Onda released Onda Vi40 Elite A10 V1.2 firmware and OTA online upgrading function is added. Also, Vi40 Ultimate new firmware is coming soon.

1.ATTENTION: The firmware is for Vi40 Elite V3 Edition ONLY, the eighth and ninth SN numbers are the edition numbers.

2.Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?24gsk7571qsv2v1It

3.Onda Vi40 Elite V3_V1.2 Firmware Updates:
1)Refined system details.
2)OTA upgrade function added.
What is OTA upgrade ? OTA is Over-the-Air download technology, the latest system upgrading method. The technology enables user downloads firmware on the tablet and the system updates automatically. The process is simple enough and every Onda user can update the firmware themselves.

4.Buy Onda Vi40 Elite on Androidinabox: Onda Vi40 Elite 10 inch Android 4.0 Tablet 16G Cortex A8 Only $216.99!

Last edited:

john_vi40

May 29, 2012
I am trying to use LiveSuite v1.07 to update a vi40 ultimate. does anyone know the correct key press / power on sequence to trigger the update. So far in the forums i can only find details which refer to a center menu key? which is this key on the ultimate?
Or is there an easy way to convert to english language on the android settings (already changed keyboard and defaults)

Zootalaws

Jun 7, 2012
I also would like to know how to kick off the update process... I have a 16gb Elite with the three buttons at the centre/bottom.

And... I am also unsure of other stuff...

A Windows PC is required? You can't do an upgrade using SDK or ADB tools? (I am on a mac).

My Vi40 has, after I ran the battery down (said it had 88% - it lied!) decided to just show the android 'dancing' graphic... is there anything I can do short of flashing new firmware? I haven't got anything backed up... reset is not doing anything except resetting... o.0

Is there a 'recovery' mode on this tablet? It is my first such device and I am still getting to grips with it... I feel like such a n00b... I am fine building half-million-dollar Sun servers, but my $200 tablet has me up against it, I'm afraid...

I am very tech, so anything unix-like and esoteric is welcome ;)

Jun 12, 2012
Hey I am a mac user and livesuit drove me mad...
try this CWM method, dead easy if you follow the destructions... as long as you put the zip IMG file on your tablet / sd card (using USB transfer with your mac or pc) you can actually get the tablet to flash itself with some easy terminal commands..
enjoy
Chris

Download this package: http://www.mediafire...24gsk7571qsv2v1 and follow the instructions inside the zipped file.

and follow the instructions inside the zip file

the tablet will reboot into recovery

then u can flash the rom

I also would like to know how to kick off the update process... I have a 16gb Elite with the three buttons at the centre/bottom.

And... I am also unsure of other stuff...

A Windows PC is required? You can't do an upgrade using SDK or ADB tools? (I am on a mac).

My Vi40 has, after I ran the battery down (said it had 88% - it lied!) decided to just show the android 'dancing' graphic... is there anything I can do short of flashing new firmware? I haven't got anything backed up... reset is not doing anything except resetting... o.0

Is there a 'recovery' mode on this tablet? It is my first such device and I am still getting to grips with it... I feel like such a n00b... I am fine building half-million-dollar Sun servers, but my $200 tablet has me up against it, I'm afraid...

I am very tech, so anything unix-like and esoteric is welcome ;)

amethe

Jun 20, 2012
This seems to be an invalid address given here (mediafire...). Can anyone post the right address to download the package or tell what is inside that I can search for somewhere else?
thank you -ame

try this CWM method, dead easy if you follow the destructions... as long as you put the zip IMG file on your tablet / sd card (using USB transfer with your mac or pc) you can actually get the tablet to flash itself with some easy terminal commands..
enjoy
Chris

Download this package: http://www.mediafire...24gsk7571qsv2v1 and follow the instructions inside the zipped file.

then u can flash the rom

jamescoman

Jun 15, 2012
I was able to do the firmware upgrade without any issues. But I still have problems using Google Maps with Wi-Fi direct GPS. Is there a guide on how to set these functions up? Thank you.

simcuo

Jul 3, 2012
Hi I'm a Mac user too and I hate livesuite.
I have flashed my Onda with Vanilla firmware which was an CWM package.
Could you please confirm (If I understood you correctly) that I can download the latest package from Onda website and I can simply go into recovery and then flash the zip file I downloaded off the website? According to Onda website the latest version (BETA) is v1.4
ONDA

Thanx
SC

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi I'm a Mac user too and I hate livesuite.
I have flashed my Onda with Vanilla firmware which was an CWM package.
Could you please confirm (If I understood you correctly) that I can download the latest package from Onda website and I can simply go into recovery and then flash the zip file I downloaded off the website? According to Onda website the latest version (BETA) is v1.4
ONDA

Thanx
SC

Yes, simcuo, you are right :)

simcuo

Jul 3, 2012
Hi Chris,

I'm Mac user too.
Could u please explian the procedure how to flash a img file once it has been download off the official Onda website ?
Do I need to rename in zip and flash it from recovery ? Or shall I flash the img file from terminal ? In this second case do u know the terminal commanda ?

enjoy
Chris

then u can flash the rom