Onda Vi40 Elite GPS over WIFI direct or USB Bluetooth

jamescoman

Jun 15, 2012
I have the tablet for a week now. I love it. But I am not able to get Google Maps installed and GPS over WiFi Direct.

Google maps does not show in Google Play and if i browse to it then it says is not compatible with my version.
TomTom Wireless GPS MKII does not show in available devices when WiFi Direct is enable. Is there a USB Bluetooth dongle that will work?

Any ideas? I am downloading now 1.2, will that firmware help?

Onda Vi40 Elite
Version 3
Onda Mid
3.0.8+

Thank you,
James.

rob01792

May 19, 2012
hi james
cant answer ur question . can u let me know how u find firmware 1.2 as ive only had my vi40 for a few days and im looking at putting the 1.2 firmware on but not sure as i read somewhere that no google play with it
thanks
rob

macthecat

May 16, 2012
jamescoman said:
I have the tablet for a week now. I love it. But I am not able to get Google Maps installed and GPS over WiFi Direct.

Google maps does not show in Google Play and if i browse to it then it says is not compatible with my version.
TomTom Wireless GPS MKII does not show in available devices when WiFi Direct is enable. Is there a USB Bluetooth dongle that will work?

Any ideas? I am downloading now 1.2, will that firmware help?

Onda Vi40 Elit
Version 3

Onda Mid
3.0.8+

Thank you,
James.
Hi James
Yes, I think you'll find that once you find the right firmware you will be able to access gogle maps, I have Vi40 and am running v1.1 mike firmware I have no problem with google maps. You could also try the market fix available it's a bit tricky to install but it does allow apps to be installed that are otherwise unavailable.

jamescoman

Jun 15, 2012
Upgraded to 1.2 today. Google Maps still says not compatible with your version. WiFi direct still does not see the TomTom GPS. The battery was at 50% before upgrade and it now says 1%. The upgrade only tool 4 minutes so I do not think it really dropped to 1%. I start to charge it and it did go up to 3. ​Next step: I will look for v1.1 mike firmware.

macthecat

May 16, 2012
jamescoman said:
Upgraded to 1.2 today. Google Maps still says not compatible with your version. WiFi direct still does not see the TomTom GPS. The battery was at 50% before upgrade and it now says 1%. The upgrade only tool 4 minutes so I do not think it really dropped to 1%. I start to charge it and it did go up to 3. ​Next step: I will look for v1.1 mike firmware.

Hi james
Sorry to hear you are still having a problem, which version of 1.2 did you upgrade too, I had tried 1.2 angel and had no difficulty with google maps. It is always best to completly charge your tablet before upgrading, while this won't effect your compatabilty with'maps' you could run into difficulties if you run out of power part way through an upgrade.

Good luck

Last edited: