Onda Vi40 - It's So Slow!!

jeremydublin

Dec 18, 2012
Hi there,

I have purchased a Vi40 and I'm very disappointed. I have the topnotchtablet software so I believe this is the best platform to run on. The unit is slow to open apps even with the Apps Kill app, and its so slow on web browsing. HAs anyone else had these issues and if so how did you fix them?

Thanks in advance

Rowdyeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Jeremy. There may be a firmware update that might improve the speed issue and you should also check which mode you're operating it in, IE economy (800 mhz) Normal (1200 mhz) or high speed (1500 mhz) Be aware the faster you operate it the shorter the battery life.

Here is how to install the update, if you think you cannot do it then get somebody who can or you may brick your tablet.
1. Download the firmware RAR file. Info and link here: http://www.onda-tablet.com/news/onda-vi40-dual-core_firmware/
2. Use WinRAR to extract files which will be:
factory_update_param.aml
g12refM1005-ota-eng.hai.wang.zip
u-boot.bin
uImage_recovery
update.zip
刷机教程.doc (I think that is just the instructions in Chinese)
3. Place all the files onto root of SD card in your tablet
4. Turn on Tablet on into recovery by holding power button and homebutton at same time.
5. It should start doing the update automatically, then reboot itself.
6. It will restart in Chinese so you need to go to settings, find language (has an "A" icon) and change it to English.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hi there,

I have purchased a Vi40 and I'm very disappointed. I have the topnotchtablet software so I believe this is the best platform to run on. The unit is slow to open apps even with the Apps Kill app, and its so slow on web browsing. HAs anyone else had these issues and if so how did you fix them?

Thanks in advance

Please make sure that link posted above is for your version vi40 dual-core/elite/ultimate V1/2/3 or your tablet will be bricked. Also if you install as above you lose the options in the recovery menu with JB.

Last edited: