ONDA VI40 wont boot - have pressed reset button but still unable to boot up.

andym457

May 4, 2013
The screen once powered on just shows the android and thats as far as it gets.. Even pressing the reset button its still the same screen . How can i get the machine back to a working state ?. Tks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Andy, congratulations on your Onda vi40 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Onda Tablet Forum for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you reset that tablet. Good luck!

altheamae64

Dec 20, 2012
The screen once powered on just shows the android and thats as far as it gets.. Even pressing the reset button its still the same screen . How can i get the machine back to a working state ?. Tks
Hi Andy. Hopefully, by now you'll have gotten your tablet sorted. I didn't find people forthcoming with help here either, but luckily, I got all of the answers I needed over at Slatedroid and got my tablet working again, and I even upgraded my firmware.

If they ban me for advertising another site, which they might well do - I just hope you get to see this before me and this post disappear! :D

Good luck, mate! :cool:

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Hi Andy. Hopefully, by now you'll have gotten your tablet sorted. I didn't find people forthcoming with help here either, but luckily, I got all of the answers I needed over at Slatedroid and got my tablet working again, and I even upgraded my firmware.

If they ban me for advertising another site, which they might well do - I just hope you get to see this before me and this post disappear! :D

Good luck, mate! :cool:

Hi, altheamae.
I see your post is still up, so I guess that either the Forum police patrol went home early today, or that management should be applauded for their 'largesse d'esprit'. In either case, I'm going to make a note of the Slatedroid site, in case I run into a problem on one of those days when Help doesn't seem to be as 'forthcoming' as one expects.
Ed

altheamae64

Dec 20, 2012
Glad it helped, Ed - even if it didn't hlep the OP :cool: As you can see, I'm still 'here' LOL and just snuck over to see if there had been any activity regarding my impudence. The guides in 'the other place' are really brilliant and if a complete idiot like me can follow them? ANYONE can. I've gotten so bold I've even flashed my ONDA with a custom ROM, done by Roman at Top Notch Tablets, which fixed my Netflix (stock firmware broke it!) and the speed of every single thing is now faster and better.

If you ever need me to give you the links, just PM me here :D

Cheerio