Onda VX610w MAJOR PROBLEM Could do with some help please!!!

jhb019

May 18, 2012
Hi, I'm a newbie.
I don't know if this is where I should be posting this kind of thing but I'll tell you the problem anyway. I had to press the reset button on the back because I started an app and the screen randomly went blank. All you could see was the back light. Ever since, whenever I turn on the tablet, it resets again, so every time it deletes all of my apps and changes back to Chinese. Also, when I have tried downloading apps it doesn't allow me in the market. I click download, and then a bar just goes round and round. That usually happens for a couple of seconds but it just carries on forever.

Thanks in advance for anyone who tries to help me

J

jimbo7630

You say you PRESSED the Reset button, sounds like It wasn't a Factory Reset?

Edit: if you can get into Settings you might be able to do a Factory Reset from there, otherwise, no doubt someone will tell you how to do it by using the buttons.

Last edited by a moderator:

jhb019

May 18, 2012
I don't really know what it does. I can either press the reset button or do a factory reset. I obviously couldn't do a factory reset in the settings menu because I couldn't use the screen. Also, because of the problem I'm having, I did try to do a factory reset after but this resulted in there being an android bot with a warning sign by it when I tried to turn it back on. This meant that I had to press the reset button again. When I turned it on again it was fine. Both ways of resetting seem to do exactly the same thing, just one immediately turns it off and the other shuts it down.

EDIT: I have done I factory reset through the settings menu but it gave me exactly the same results as detailed above.

Last edited:

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi Jhb019

It seem's to me you may have corupted your firmware, I could be wrong but i think the way forward is to re-flash your tablet with new firmware, as you point out it resets every time you reboot it can't do any harm. You can find the firmware here http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/1LZCRYWL/VX610WP_Android4.0.1_v0.4.rar_links and a guide to help you install here A10 Firmware Images and Instructions | Top Notch Tablets. I had a boot up problem flashing cured this I think it will have a similar effect with your problem, good luck mate.

Last edited:

jhb019

May 18, 2012
Sorry about the very late reply. The supplier decided to be nice and send me another one. Thanks for the help anyway.