Ondo VI40 Elite: Experiences of a first time user

dewets

Apr 24, 2012
I want to share my experience with the forum about my new Onda VI40 Elite tablet.

First off, I'm a complete noob with Android, and was pleasantly surprised by the ease of use of the OS as well as the tablet.

I bought the tablet from a Ebay seller in the UK, as I was on a visit to family in the UK. I unpacked the tablet, charged it overnight, and switched on, and it's been plain sailing from the word go!

I've had some hassles (no "tablets" for ingorance") as at one stage the vertical to horizontal change did not happen. I though: Uh-oh.... Ye shouldn't have boughtit... Ye dunce...
Turns out I was the dunce, as in my excitement at getting acquainted with the tablet, I must have move the screen lock switch to lock position. A quick search on this forum showed me the error of my ways, and I felt the money was well spent.

I went and bought another one, and included 2 covers with USB keyboard for my wife, as a belated birthday present.

I've had the tablets for just over a month, and thumbs up to Onda on this! Setup on the various WiFi settings has been a breeze everytime.
I'm a Unix/Linux sysadmin at a university here in South Africa, and my fellow IT friends are amazed at what I got, and at 50% cheaper than equivalent specced tablets here. All are amazed at the performance.

I'll try and post some photo's of the tablet in a next post.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Thanks for posting that, it's nice to read about someone who's happy with their tablet and enjoying it as much as you are. Enjoy the forum and continue enjoying that tablet.:eek:

stevoh

Jun 11, 2012
Hi, had my onda 9.7 dual core about 3 days now and have no major probs either, touch screen malfunctioned the first time used, (OH NO WHAT HAVE I BOUGHT!!!!!) Turned off tablet in disgust, spent some time thinking about my angry email to onda, luckily didnt send as the next time I used everything was fine and have had no issues at all I love this tablet(for the price) purchesed direct from onda-tablet, did also purchase a seperate keyboard and yes it doesnt work, still waiting on reply from onda on that one.
Overall thumbs up for my onda tab!
One con though would be poor internal antena for wifi, you really have to be close to wifi to work well.
Other than that very easy to set up and use.

edepera

Nov 27, 2011
Indeed I have a V10 Mid and I am very happy with the tablet too. Sometimes it took me a while to connect to Wifi, maybe my fault, but I downloaded the app Wifi Manager and since then it is perfect.