One more "What tablet do I buy?" post.... with a twist...

scottfish

May 25, 2011
So I had initially given in to the hype on the Ainol Novo 7 Advanced and even though I was in a "spare no expense" attitude, I thought that since this thing ticked my boxes at $144 shipped, I just had to try. Poor customer service left that order in the lurch and cancelled though.

So I am thinking it may have been serendipity. Back to my original question. What tablet would you buy in the 5-7 inch form factor if money were no object?

scottfish

May 25, 2011
The 7" Thrive will be officially released and available tomorrow for "under $400" according to Toshiba.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

You had the exact same post on 12/11. Is it being released today?

scottfish

May 25, 2011
A little history/background:
- I have an iPad2
- Wife has a Kindle Fire
- I have owned a Nook Color (rooted), a Gtab, and a Coby Kyros 1024 as well as an HTV Evo phone

So I am looking for a 5-8 inch tablet. Here's the twist... I don't care about budget, and I want a full feature set. I want cameras. I want the ability to have an external mic (mic'd headphones is fine) as well as onboard. I want expandable storage. And I want hackability, but I do not want to hack consistently just to keep it running (this was a knock on the Nook Color initially). I am thinking Xoom feature set in a small package.

So, if you didn't have to worry about budget (of course I don't want to spend a grand either), what would you choose?

So I had posted something yesterday and got no response. Thanks to rooting the wife's Kindle Fire and having fun w/ ROM's, I never bought a new tablet.

The Nexus 7 (and just playing w/ Jelly Bean on my Fire) re-sparked my interest. So much so, that I am actually looking at giving my wife the iPad2 and going back to fully Android (when I can upgrade my phone as well of course).

So I am asking again, if money were no object, which tablet would you buy? Which 7 inch? Which 10 inch?