Online videos doesn't work

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
Hey everyone, I just got a new Galaxy tab 2 10.1, and I have a problem watching videos that require flash (i suppose...)
I made sure that Abobe flash player 11 is installd, and yet I still can't watch videos online. (Youtube is not a problem, but say I want to watch an episode or a movie online, in most cases i simply can't)
What may be the problem here? And how can i fix it?

Thanks!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

If you are certain Flash is working the problem may be the browser. Boat Browser and Firefox work well but both must be set to desktop mode where most of the Android browsers default to mobile mode, for phones.

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
Thanks for the welcome.
If the recent version of flash work, I suppose it means it's not the problem, am I right? :)
About the browser, I have the built one, I tured dowloading yesterday firefox but it seem to crash really often.
Chrome doesn't seem to paly those videos neither, but you say there are some settings that I need to change, so maybe that's it.
What do I need to change, where, and in which browser?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
All the browsers have settings, many accessible by taping 3 little squares upper right or the stack of papers lower left. Using Dolphin Browser as an example. go to Honda.com: Official Site of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and if Flash is working you will see a changing video below the banner. Go to settings, (at the bottom) - more - settings - user agent and set to desktop mode.

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
I've downloaded Dolphin Browser and did just that, that changing video displayed well on my computer, but it doesn't on my tablet. I'm supposed to first change the settings or it is only if the plash is played?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
On a tablet, generally speaking, setting the user agent to desktop will provide a better browsing experience. Flash doesn't require any changes. Hope that answered your question.

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
Nice! It works, on Dolphin Browser... Which I don't really like. I don't seem to find that setting in the built Browser or on the Chrome.
Do you know how to enable that on those Browsers?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Default browser. Settings - advanced - always request desktop site. I uninstalled Chrome but the settings are similar.

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
Umm... I don't see that option, atleest not in my translated built and Chrome browser, but I don't even now how to change the lanugage in it.
Can you tell me how, or somehow show me using a screenshot?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As I mentioned, I don't have Chrome on my tablet any longer and I don't quite understand your language problem.

Where are you? what language is installed? are you talking about a browser or Android, what language were you wanting/needing?

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
Hebrew is the language installed. I'm talking about the built android browser or the Chrome one, also for android.
I don't have a problem with that language, I simply can't see such settings like you mentioned before.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As I said, can't help with Chrome but let me go over the default browser settings again.
Tap the 3 little lines upper right corner - go to settings at the bottom of the list - go to advanced - scroll down the right screen until you see "always request desktop site" and check mark it.

ofek

Oct 7, 2012
I tried to find it, I can't...
Perhaps you can show me a screenshot?