Onn Tablet Screen Reversed

bren1040

May 27, 2020
I have a onn tablet. it is doing the same thing. I have found that it could be the force rtl is on and you just need to turn it off. however, when I checked my status on that it was already off. I haven't been able to find any way to fix it.

For clarification, this response was moved from an existing thread. bren1040 is suffering from an inverted screen issue, where the touch points are reversed compared to what is displayed on the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Have you performed a factory reset on it? A little drastic, but it's about the only avenue left to you short of going to Wally World and exchanging it.

Charran

May 29, 2020
My kids two tablets reversed too after an automatic update. Found another page on the web where other people said theirs did too. They had tried doing a factory reset but it had not helped. What can we do? I have no idea how to find Customer support for ONN to see if they are planning on fixing this issue.

Charran

May 29, 2020
My kids two tablets reversed too after an automatic update. Found another page on the web where other people said theirs did too. They had tried doing a factory reset but it had not helped. What can we do? I have no idea how to find Customer support for ONN to see if they are planning on fixing this issue.

Found this on another web page just now so hopefully they will fix it soon. “hey this is actually a customer rep working for onn. Im really sorry to hear this. A person i talked to told me theres ppl wondering online about this issue so I'm here. This issue happened 2 days ago, and we are totally aware(my supervisor was having meetings ever since it started lol). We were getting unusual amt of calls so that's why we weren't able to respond and return every customers call lately. This issue happened, I believed, because of the program malfunction of the wireless update(only for 8''). We didn't have a clue until this morning, but we were told today that there's gonna be new auto-updates send to the 8'' before 6/3(cuz were waiting for android certification to release the update)! We tried it on our tablet and it worked, the screen reversed to normal. u can call to leave us emails for progress info! Most of the tablet should get the auto updates, if it didnt fix after 6/3 u can call us back!”

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@Charran Onn is WalMart's electronics brand, not a separate company. You would need to get a hold of WalMart to talk to someone. Or, you could simply bring the tablet back to your local WalMart and have it exchanged for another one that hopefully doesn't go belly up shortly after you bought it.

That said, hopefully the planned update fixes the issue and you don't have to worry about stepping foot into a WalMart around the first of the month.

Charran

May 29, 2020
@Charran Onn is WalMart's electronics brand, not a separate company. You would need to get a hold of WalMart to talk to someone. Or, you could simply bring the tablet back to your local WalMart and have it exchanged for another one that hopefully doesn't go belly up shortly after you bought it.

That said, hopefully the planned update fixes the issue and you don't have to worry about stepping foot into a WalMart around the first of the month.
I have called Walmart twice and both times they gave me different numbers to call for tech support. Neither place worked with ONN . Yes, the best is probably to just be patient and hope they come up with an update that will fix it .