Open Video or image files from LAN

AshX

Apr 8, 2011
Hi, i was wondering, it is posible to open video files or images from my PC to the tablet, im using ES File Explorer, i get the lan but cant open the files, thanks for any help. :rolleyes:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
are you talking as in a streaming media from your lan scenario, or a copy files to your tablet scenario?

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
File Expert in the market has the capabilties to do just this.. and it's free.. well the developer works on a donation basis.. i've gotten it to sucessfully open pics over a network, didn't have luck with MP3's and don't have any video files to test it with... ya may wanna give it a shot...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
otherwise you might want to look at setting up a streaming media server on your pc....

IndyLateNite

Mar 14, 2011
otherwise you might want to look at setting up a streaming media server on your pc....

Such as? I've tried using Gmote but it won't work on anything other than the original rom. I tried the VLC Direct program and it kinda works but not very well. Any other ideas?

mydave

Mar 21, 2011
Search google for Qloud Video and Qloud video Server. The first one is an apk which you install on gtablet. The latter one is installed on PC. Run the server on PC. Then start the apk on gtablet.
Depend on what rom you use. I tried two rom's. One is smooth. The other is stuttering a bit.
Which rom are you using with VLC ?

P.S. I am also looking for a mean to streaming video from a HP MediaSmart Server which run WHS. Not able to find one yet.