Openandroid firmware

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
well i made the plunge and flashed the White Novel to open Android. The install went flawlessly. I gained a much improved response from the screen. The following apks downloaded from various sources work. New fav reader is Ireader which reads Palm PDB and txt file which i convert using Calibre. MP's play well on "3" and the stock video runs well on any videos i convert using anyconvert (free) and set it to google android config.
Wifi is good, Keyboard is usable, It would be nice to have a flash but the market i get around using a slideme.apk which give some access to applications. (note i installed a 16 gb micro internally, (removed before flashing, then installed after) After the update it is remapped to /data and is used behind the scenes when u install apps. nook app crashes but i haven't deleted the .so file needed to make it run smoothly. Haven't seen any good note taking apps, but always searching for working apk's. Might want to make a list of stuff that runs. Thanks to the Board for making my search easier!

3_Cubed_1.0.70.apk
aCommander_1.0.1.apk
AK_Notepad_2.2_updated.apk
Aldiko_Book_Reader_1.2.14.apk
Algeo_0.8.1.apk
Android_Blackjack.apk
Android_Torrent_4.5.1.apk
AndroRadio_1.4.apk
Angry_Birds_1.4.2.apk
Angry_Birds_Seasons_1.1.1.apk
APKtor_1.0.8.7.apk
Appslib_2.apk
arcMedia_0.34b.apk
BestTube_1.1.apk
bn.ereader-v2.4.0.apk
com.access_company.graffiti.apk
com.amazon.kindle_v1.1.0.90220088.apk
com.chaozh.iReader-1.apk
com.google.android.apps.maps_v4.7.0.apk
com.kobobooks.android-v2.2.159.apk
com.kobobooks.VMBordersUS.android-v2b150.apk
com.reader.books.laputa.ui_v3.0.3.apk
DolphinBrowserHD-v4.0.0.apk
Jewels_1.85.apk
jp.sourceforge.soopy.hidden.ssid.enabler.apk
k9mail-3.316-release.apk
Linpack-for-Android_v1.1.5.apk
MaplePaint_1.2.apk
OfficeSpace_Soundboard_2.0.0.apk
PAC-MAN_1.0.3.apk
RockOn v1.4.8.apk
sam.apk
Solitaire_1.12.1.apk
TitaniumBackup_latest.apk
VMBordersUS-v2b150.apk
vudroid-1.2.apk

Jcol

Dec 8, 2010
Nice job posting the apps that worked for you anhaux. I'm wondering about Angry Birds. I have it on my Sony Xperia running 2.1 and I tried downloading it for my PND. It installed but the backgrounds are messed up but worse then that it runs very, very slow to the point of being unusable. Did you have to hunt around to find those two versions that worked? I downloaded Angry Birds Lite and Season from the Market with the same results. I'm running OpenPlatform V3 with Market built in. Thanks.

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
Im not exactly sure what site i got angry birds from, I dont have the V3 open android, so i actually have no market except for slide me, im not sure if there is a difference in micro SD speeds so accessing it might be affected. seem to run smoothly, my actual fav game is a bejeweled clone... and of course using it as a book reader...

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
I loaded v3, market didnt work, unit slowed way down, and when i reinstalled the version from pan digitals website, angry birds didnt work anymore...but season still does...not sure what changed

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
No link, all I did was use a flat bladed screw driver plave in the small lip and slowly twist, once there was a gap i pried up using another screw driver. Its held in by three tabs, if you put the flat of the balde directly under the G in pandigital you miss the tabs and can pry it up and off. then to the left abouve the molex connector is the micro sd, push up and then lift the sd out and replace. Right now i went overboard on the 16 gb cant ever see being able to fill this up...

anhaux

Dec 15, 2010
Unless your using the Cruz firmware 2gb or 4 gb is plenty and 16 gb is over kill, most time syou want the largest sd card external you can find, its much more useful siince you have no access to the interanl card (i think it shows up under root as the data folder) here are some pictures from another site $HXDsG.jpg$ZuNhA.jpg
pencil.png