Opening Case

funinthefalls

Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone know how to open the case without damaging it? My power adapter connector has come loose off the main board, and I need to get into the case to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
I have had to do this repair, heres how I did it:

In each corner there is a screw covered by a small plastic cap, lever off the caps and take out the four screws.

I then used a thin piece of plastic to slide between the complete screen and the caseing, a credit card would do, you can then lift out the screen leaving the wiring connecter still connected and lay the screen to one side, you will see the power plug on top of the board in the bottom right hand corner, I just hit this with a new blob of solder.

Re-Assembly is the reverse but take care to get the switch that turns the wifi on and off lined up correctly at the top left.

SmaRkieS

Apr 15, 2011
There are 2 types of SuperPad, the old superpad has 4 screws on sides of the casing, newer superpad dont have screws on the casing.

The guide I post is for newer superpads.

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
There are 2 types of SuperPad, the old superpad has 4 screws on sides of the casing, newer superpad dont have screws on the casing.

The guide I post is for newer superpads.

Do you mind if I put your guide to open the FT2 in my instructions PDF that I am creating?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Thanks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!