Opening some PDF issue

Toraemon

Apr 2, 2011
Hi there, I'm one of the new G-tablet owner thank to Woot so this is my first time posting :D Thanks to this forum I was able to mess around with my g-tab and now I have Zpad 3.0 on it. I download adobe reader from the market but i ran into some problem with a few pdf files. When I try to open it I get 'Error: Out of memory' message but I can open other pdf files that are much bigger than the one I got error for. Anyone encounter this problem or know a fix to it? Thanks in advance :D

PS I apologize for the horrendous topic name, wasn't fully awake yet when I type that

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Could be an error with the actual pdf. Do you have another way to check it? Like a PC? If other PDF files work, the it isn't your device.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

edawnpierce

Feb 10, 2012
pdf from books.google.com and internet archive are causing the same: "Error out of memory". However, pdf I have created using adobe acrobat are appearing with no problem (and they are larger files, 32mb & 64mb, 144mb). Also, I tried saving a document from internet archive using adobe acrobat after changing the file name and error message occurred the same. Quickoffice will open the files in question if they are downloaded directly from the websites, but that does not solve the problem. Adobe Reader should read all.

edawnpierce

Feb 10, 2012
in order to read PDF from books.google.com (free out of copyright) on my Xoom, I needed to re-create each file (book) with Adobe acrobat. After doing that, the Xoom accepted the book with no problem. (in particular War and Peace), so you see it will work with a very large file. For some reason beyond my tech-knowledge the Xoom does not like those files directly from Google.