Your Android Tablet Experience

dave558

Jun 19, 2013
I've been getting some lousy Android tablets from China. Additionally, their support and warranty policy is ridiculous.

Looking to try other tablet provider and see if it's worthwhile getting some more. However, I really want to know from other people's experience.

I heard some good reviews about the Zenithink tablets. If you've experienced these, I really appreciate your feedback on them.
Does it do most of things you've like?
Is there an problems encountered?
When did the problem start occurring?
Have you dealt with their support department and how would you rate your experience?

Also if there's any other generic tablet worthwhile considering, please let me know. Thank you all for comments in advance.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Coby and Lenovo tablets have been the best for me, their warranty is great, both stand behind their products. I sent in a 7 inch tablet to Coby took them two months but they made up for it by sending me a 9 inch tablet as a replacement.
Lenovo fixed and returned the tablet I sent in for repair in one week, amazing service, they kept me updated via email, and their website. They even called me after I got the tablet back to make sure I was happy with the repair.
I was very happy cause I sent them the tablet rooted, using my custom
kernel running cm10, they never said one word about.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I forgot to say where I bought them, I bought the Coby 7042 from eBay, I bought the Lenovo a2109 from BestBuy. I think I paid 120 for the Coby and 220 for the Lenovo.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Isn't it better to get a tablet that will not break? :) One might have to spend few more dollars but no headaches!

edap

Dec 12, 2012
All electronics is prone to failure. This usually happens in the first few weeks. Or, maybe there's a factory defect. After that, old age sets in and things gradually wear out. I try to buy stuff from a store that has a reasonable return policy. Of course, I pay a few dollars more, but I save on postage if I'm not happy.

Oh, and by the way, I stay away from the cheap generic brands. My Chinese is practically nonexistent and at my age, I don't need the hassles of pleading for support.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Isn't it better to get a tablet that will not break? :) One might have to spend few more dollars but no headaches!

The more development you do on a tablet the more strain you put on it. If I don't push a tablet to it's limits then it might not break. What tablet do you have that you develop on? What tablet do you think wont break ?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Android Tablet

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Anyway I would put these tablets up against any tablet on the market, plus the bonus these companies stand behind their products, how do you know your tablet manufacture does?

To each their own.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
All electronics is prone to failure. This usually happens in the first few weeks. Or, maybe there's a factory defect. After that, old age sets in and things gradually wear out. I try to buy stuff from a store that has a reasonable return policy. Of course, I pay a few dollars more, but I save on postage if I'm not happy.

Oh, and by the way, I stay away from the cheap generic brands. My Chinese is practically nonexistent and at my age, I don't need the hassles of pleading for support.

If all people stopped flashing and developing their device it would most likely last longer, but then what would us devs do and what would become of these forums, just people meet here and say yep still using stock rom.

edap

Dec 12, 2012
If all people stopped flashing and developing their device it would most likely last longer, but then what would us devs do and what would become of these forums, just people meet here and say yep still using stock rom.

There'll always be developers and flashers, just as China will continue to manufacture their own brand of tablets. So, I don't believe you should feel that your livelihood is being threatened. As regards to the bigger picture - the future existence of these forums, let's keep matters in perspective : We are all "welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but" let's "do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Please remember The Golden Rule : Treat others as you wish to be treated!"

With respect,
Ed

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
There'll always be developers and flashers, just as China will continue to manufacture their own brand of tablets. So, I don't believe you should feel that your livelihood is being threatened. As regards to the bigger picture - the future existence of these forums, let's keep matters in perspective : We are all "welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but" let's "do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Please remember The Golden Rule : Treat others as you wish to be treated!"

With respect,
Ed

I do, And as soon as I find an unbreakable tablet I am going to buy it for my grandson, he is really rough on my current tablets.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
The more development you do on a tablet the more strain you put on it. If I don't push a tablet to it's limits then it might not break. What tablet do you have that you develop on? What tablet do you think wont

There might be others but the one I know of is the first one I ever owned and the first one that all the devs were developing on and they were the ones who said, back then that the nook color was unbreakable! So many tablets came out after the little nook, I'm sure some of them are as unbreakable as the nook is.I own two Samsung, I never really developed on them as I did on the nook....they do all I need them to do! :)