Opinions of the best ROM

What is the best ROM for the Nook Color?

• Xboxexpert's Froyo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MIUI

• CyanogenMod

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Other (Please mention below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ibthevivin

Jan 8, 2012
So I just wanted a clarified answer. Since currently there are two Nook Colors out, I have the 800Mhz model. I was wonder which is the least buggy and smoothest rom currently out for Nook Color.

I'm tried the latest variant of CM7 and Miui but them seem to slow it down and have Wifi connectivity issues. I'm gonna flash them again just for the heck of it and see what happens.

But I still wanted the expert opinions of the community.

I also ran into an issue of when I use ROM Manager and flash from one ROM to the other and Superuser disappears and ROM Manager appears and I have to go and find them on the market. o_O Is that supposed to happen? Never ran into these issues when it came to my phone. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Android Brotherhood!

ibthevivin

Jan 8, 2012
Where did you read that? There is only one Nook Color and then there is a Nook Tablet.

Whoops! My bad. So then I have the Nook Color. I thought that Nook Tablet was just a second generation Nook Color. My mistake.

So we got one vote for CM.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Whoops! My bad. So then I have the Nook Color. I thought that Nook Tablet was just a second generation Nook Color. My mistake.

So we got one vote for CM.

In a way it is but the changes are significant because the new hardware means changes to the ROMs you can run on it (ROMs are hardware specific) and in the case of the Nook Tablet it has a locked boot loader which means no custom ROM love until that is cracked.

Froyo is a step backward so you wouldn't want that.
MIUI if you really just want an iPad.
CyanogenMod, CM9 is just around the corner :)
Other most others are crippled or based on CM7.

The choice is yours but really CM7 is the superior ROM based on the developer support it receives and the user base that has been active in using it.

ibthevivin

Jan 8, 2012
CyanogenMod, CM9 is just around the corner :)

What should we be expecting from CM9?? Do you think it's performance and compatibility would be vastly superior to CM7 in terms of the Nook Color? I'm looking for stability and smoothness. I'd hate to put a heavy ROM on a device who's hardware could barely handle this. It's for my girlfriend...so far it's been buggy. So right now I look like a douchebag. smh. lol

Thanks everyone for your feedback and response.

MISRy

Sep 4, 2011