opinions on firmware 1.4

rob01792

May 19, 2012
what do u guys think of this firmare is it worth installing as I'm runing mikes 1.1.1c and it seams ok but haven't tried any others and looking to try another onda vi40 elite

Last edited:

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi

I've been running 1.4 for a couple of weeks now, so far it seem a bit quicker, has better market access and doesn't seem to 'bog down' the way other firmwares have after a bit of use. However in my opinion there isn't that much difference in any of the firmwaes currently available it depends what you want as to which is the best version for you. I'm hoping that jelly bean will be available soon as according to the reviews I've seen it seems to be quite an inprovement over whats currently available also it has full market access; my only concern it that my tab VI40 elite might not be powerful enough to make full use of the potential inprovement, if so, I'll be upgrading to a dual core model.

macthecat

rob01792

May 19, 2012
i installed a few days ago like u i think there not much different from the other firmware internet broswer still slow but i get less of the not responding and the battery seams to drain a little faster