Opinions on the best data plan found so far

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
So I know T-mobile were being tools. Not sure about at&t's offerings....... Just curious if someone has found a decent data only plan for the s7 that isn't outrageously expensive or unreasonably capped. I don't use data too frequently away from home so mostly I get it from our home router or network. But I would like the option while away from home.

If no decent options are available I would like to figure out how to tether it to my Samsung moment or blackberry. Also my wife has an EVO but I refuse to pay sprint 30 bucks a month for the Evo's hotspot. lol Yeah I know I want the world.... and for a nickel too. :)

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
I got sick of waiting for T-mobile to get their act together. What I did was buy a used Comet from craigslist for 70 bucks. now i have an android 2.2 device with cheap wi-fi tethering. Plus its nice to have for the days you dont wanna lug around the S7. You said cheap but this is another option if you are in the 4g coverage area. http://www.rover.com/home.htm?produc...ateId=product1

Last edited:

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Any prepaid plans that anyone has come across? My wife and I have 3 smart phones with unlimited data and cox cable internet at home....... I really don't want to pay (or pay much) for data for the tablet. No way I am paying Sprint an additional $30 a month for the EVO hotspot especially since we already pay an extra 10 a month for 4G when we don't have 4G here yet.
The S7 works great with the wifi at home but would like to take it on the road too.

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
I haven't found anything cheaper than T-mobiles $1.50 a day web pass. AT&T is just smoking crack but they are the only 3g service with the sim. you could get a Data sim from T-Mobile but i have no idea if the web pass thing works for the data sim like the voice sim, and it will only be Edge data, not 3g.

Viago

Mar 1, 2011
i use tmobile i have fam plan. data and voice on both phones. Unlimited web ftw.

Beleth

Feb 24, 2011
my dad's straighttalk from walmart smartphone sms card worked somewhat i could make calls just by putting it in but the data didn't work... might just of been a settings thing

jerliu

Feb 21, 2011
ATT used to provide unlimited data (Actually 5gb limit) for $15. But now they only give you 200mb/mon for $15

Look Meow

Mar 2, 2011
I'm using my sprint overdrive for unlimited 4g service for 39.99 and I use att go phone sim card for phone service and Google voice for texting. I have it good.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Woodfiend

Nov 28, 2010
Yeah I looked at the overdrive too........ Just don't want to spend more money for data..... My wife and I already have 3 smart phones with Sprint with unlimited data. I also don't want to pay the extra 30 for the EVO hotspot but that is at least an option...... I may have to root my samsung moment and tether or pdanet with it. hmmmmmmmm decisions decisions. I just wish there was a prepaid data plan with a throw away phone so I wouldn't be locked into anything.