Optaining ip address issue

oz83

Oct 20, 2011
Hi folks,
I have SGPT111TR/S Sony Tablet in my office and it is not connecting to my available wlan.Even a mobile phone or other cheap Tablets connects in seconds my Tablet is hangs on screen of "OPTAINING IP ADDRESS"
Operating System version is 3.2. and it wasn`t connected when it was 3.1.
Is it related to static ip/dynamic ip or proxy settings.
any body out there to qguide me through with this issue plaese..Other then i want it refund this device,

ScotSun

Oct 18, 2011
Is your office wifi secured? Do you have to key a password? If so, did you do so? If not, you may be trying to connect to the wrong WAP. There may be a number of wireless access points available in your office and the one that your tablet is trying to connect to may not be the one that you want...Some may show as open but may be MAC filtered. Your description sounds like what happened to me once in that case. Another thing to try is to reboot the WAP. I had that also happen at my home on my UVERSE supplied wireless. Eventually had to move to a separate WAP as the UVERSE one kept dropping and needing rebooting.

samsky

Oct 20, 2011
try to perform a Hard Reset by pressing and holding the volume up button and hold it down and also the power button, once you see the sony logo release the power button and keep the volume up button pressed, then you will see the recovery screen. go to factory data reset with the volume down button then press power button as if it is enter. Then go to Yes Tab will reinstall os. Now by doing this you will ERASE all your personal data and apps, you will need to setup your google account again and redownload any downloaded app. while you are doing the account setup unit will ask you to connect to your router. then it will be good. I had to doit with the tech supp agent from sony over the phone.

oz83

Oct 20, 2011
ScotSun&sa,samsky thanks for your reply but this device has already used to connect before 1-2 times to my router.I did everything as you would imagine including Factory reset by paper clip, and I am sure that Tablet is try to acces my internet not to the other wireless. Office internet has wi-fi secured and i am the administrator of connection,I am sure I entered correct password of router&connection,
yesterday it hang on the same screen for 2 hours. Reset&restart modem&router didnt work either.
How come it connected at the first time and now not connecting,
how do i enable or disable MAC filtered for my modem

ScotSun

Oct 18, 2011
If you are the administrator for your wireless access and have not turned mac filtering on then most likely it is not on. Normally it is used through the admin interface on the WAP or Wireless router. The admin enters a list of MACs that are allowed to access. By default this is off and allows all MACs as it is a strong, opt-in type of security. Each machine connecting wirelessly needs to have its MAC enteredon the router.

oz83

Oct 20, 2011
Out of the box your router is setup with wireless channel settings set for auto. Select a channel instead. Problem solved

Dear datsHim Thanks for reply

Can you be more clear to explain how to set the router or modem. Because i am using the router almost a year.which channel i supposed to select.I have entered router configuration page and dont know what to do?
note: I can use my laptop or pc to connect no problem, Tablet still Optaining Ip ,,,....

Regards

Aldroid

Oct 8, 2011
If your screen turns off, your wifi turns off to save battery.
Then it has to find the network, obtain ip, all from scratch.
they have an app for that.
Advanced wifi lock free
Uses more battery because the radio is running.
So what.
Works great.

DatsHim

Nov 3, 2011
Dear datsHim Thanks for reply

Can you be more clear to explain how to set the router or modem. Because i am using the router almost a year.which channel i supposed to select.I have entered router configuration page and dont know what to do?
note: I can use my laptop or pc to connect no problem, Tablet still Optaining Ip ,,,....

Regards
you have to change the settings under wireless settings for your router
should be called channel. try using your help to find it