Optimizing word - TF201

TLB

Apr 7, 2012
Have few question about using word on the transformer TF201.
Where do I define spell check?
Ia there auto correct, auto capital after a full stop? Track changes?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi TLB, congratulations on your new TF201 and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Asus Tablets section for you, where the people most likely to be able to answer your questions are located. Hopefully, they'll join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Have few question about using word on the transformer TF201.
Where do I define spell check?
Ia there auto correct, auto capital after a full stop? Track changes?

Unfortunately none of the word processors I've used, (about a dozen so far), will do most of what you are looking for. It isn't Microsoft Word ;)

With that said, you may find some of the alternative word processors more to your liking than Polaris, particularly since it has some bugs that cause your documents to get lost every now and then. Kingsoft Office is a good alternative. Some of the Office apps have not yet been fully optimized for ICS and as such don't even underline misspelled words, which ICS can do.

You may need to experiment with some of the other apps.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Unfortunately none of the word processors I've used, (about a dozen so far), will do most of what you are looking for. It isn't Microsoft Word ;)

With that said, you may find some of the alternative word processors more to your liking than Polaris, particularly since it has some bugs that cause your documents to get lost every now and then. Kingsoft Office is a good alternative. Some of the Office apps have not yet been fully optimized for ICS and as such don't even underline misspelled words, which ICS can do.

You may need to experiment with some of the other apps.

Wow, they will let anyone sign up over here....
doh.gif

Spider, just want to warn you that you may want to keep your eye on leeshor!
wink.png

Kidding aside, good to have another Prime user lurking around here.
headbang.gif

P.S. - Your smiley selection is no where near as good as we have over at TFF. Had to use some of ours to enhance this a bit.
yeahthat.gif