optimum performance

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
How can I get the absolute best performance out of my ZT282?

Hey Minirick63

I guess a good starting point would be some details on your device; model number, which rom are you running and is it standard or custom, same again with kernel.

For example my device is a ZT 282, Model: M3 C91-1A (from the barcode on the device), at the moment I'm running the latest Zenithink ROM 0702 with a custom 1GHz Kernel; I used the Nofrills CPU app to set the clock speed to 1GHz and it runs beautifully. :)

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
M3-c91-1n-h3
Thanks for that, how about ROM have you updated your tablet lately? Basically a generalised answer to your question is going to be trial & error (and a bit of research):

1)Update your ROM to the latest version from Zenithink (version 0702) if you haven't already done so (please advise if you're not sure on this)
2)Download Nofrills CPU, set governor to "On Demand" and note the min and max clock frequency. You may which to play with these settings (this is where the trial and error comes in :) ) if all goes well max freq should be 950MHz.
3)See how this feels for you; if you still want more juice and feeling adventurous you can then have a crack at custom roms and/or kernels*
4)A popular custom rom is Zenidroid which is always getting updated so make sure you get the latest version

Again this will be trial and error, save a copy of your zt-update folder that worked under another name so that if your tablet becomes unstable you can re-flash with something we know works.

*Kernels can be applied separately in combination with any rom (Zenithink or custom) and can be used to over clock the tablet up to 1.2GHz - though I should mention the relative rarity of this actually being stable (in my limited experience anyway) but research and see what you can find.

Sorry if I wasn't as specific as you may have hoped but without the requisite details a tailored response becomes problematic :)

Let us know how you go, and good luck..

Bas

Minirick63

May 2, 2012
Hi Bas.....

I do have the latest rom from zenithink...0702...already loaded into
the zt282. As far as anything else I will have to get it. Just got home
from a long week on the road so I will have to make some time to follow
the other instructions you have offered up. Any way you know of to improve wi-fi reception on this tablet? I remember a thread about adding a wire to the antenna but I am nnot sure about that.

Thanks my friend..

Rick

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Hi Bas.....

I do have the latest rom from zenithink...0702...already loaded into
the zt282. As far as anything else I will have to get it. Just got home
from a long week on the road so I will have to make some time to follow
the other instructions you have offered up. Any way you know of to improve wi-fi reception on this tablet? I remember a thread about adding a wire to the antenna but I am nnot sure about that.

Thanks my friend..

Rick

Always a pleasure Rick.

If you feel like trying a custom ROM I've just installed this one [ROM] justinthegeek's fat free ICS Update:7/23/12 - SlateDroid.com and must say it runs very well and I have it clocked at 1GHz.

As for the wi-fi reception, I can only suggest various apps - I'm using inSSIDer at the moment and that works fine for me; I should qualify that by mentioning that my wi-fi issue wasn't my home router connection but when I was out and about and wanted to use my phone as a hotspot, the connection was slow to engage and spotty. As for adding a wire to the antenna, I vaguely remember reading the same thread; but feeling a bit cowardly about opening the thing up to honest. :) Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Hope the weekend treats you well. ;)

Bas

benadlam

May 6, 2012
Bas, didn't you have Zenidroid rom before? If so what do you think is better?

Sent from my ZT282
1.0ghz modified Zenidroid rom

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Bas, didn't you have Zenidroid rom before? If so what do you think is better?

Sent from my ZT282

Hey Ben

Yeah I did have Zenidroid before but it ended up being unstable regardless of kernel, only became stable when I flashed the 702 ROM with the 1Ghz kernel you gave me, and that was awesome but saw this one and I am mightily impressed; so far VERY smooth with the 1GHz kernel - and I got chainfire3D back ;)

I'd be interested to see how it handles a 1.2 GHz kernel though, but for mine this is best one out right now.

benadlam

May 6, 2012
What does chainfire do and how do you use it? I've never really looked into it

Sent from my ZT282

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
Good morning Bas....

How would I install a kernel?

Morning Rick

Get es file explorer. Open. Go to your zt-update folder and rename it. What ever you want (rom) or something. Then make a new folder called zt-update (make sure it has no caps) and put this in it -
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zkh2afutr5xcgj9

Then just update as per normal (power off then hold camera and power button together). the update is very quick and doesn't wipe anything. You can then set the clock speed with nofrillscpu.

And if you really an empirical measure of your tablet's performance download Antutu, it's a benchmarking tool that scores your tablet based on CPU, Memory , Graphics and I/O.

Let us know how you go. :)

Bas

Jul 17, 2012
What does chainfire do and how do you use it? I've never really looked into it

Sent from my ZT282

Hey Ben

It's an OpenGL driver that sits between apps ans graphics drives. Basically gives a a few graphics options to improve performance. Fairly new to it so still figuring out what everything does, although apparently you need 1Ghz minimum to run it. Sorry for the vagueness Ben :)

Minirick63

May 2, 2012
Hi Bas...

I'm supposed to have a Cortex A9 processor but an app I got shows I'm running an Arm A7....any thoughts on this?