********** order cancellations...

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
I have been trying to buy Tablet computers and accessories from Alibaba.com over the last few days without success.

My purchases get approved by VISA. I get email confirmation of successful payment from Alibaba.com and then a day or two later get an email notification from Alibaba.com that my Tablet order has been "Closed" for security reasons. This has happened three times so far in less than a week.

Very frustrating. Has anyone else had this experience as well?

Last edited:

rasmith1959

Jun 8, 2012
I've had similar problems with my debit card while attempting to purchase things from overseas. I live in the US, and if I tried to purchase software from a European vendor my bank would block the transaction and I would have to call them to authorize it. Maybe something similar is happening in your case? What I did to get around this was to just use PayPal instead.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
I have been trying to buy Tablet computers and accessories from Alibaba.com over the last few days without success.

My purchases get approved by VISA. I get email confirmation of successful payment from Alibaba.com and then a day or two later get an email notification from Alibaba.com that my Tablet order has been "Closed" for security reasons. This has happened three times so far in less than a week.

Very frustrating. Has anyone else had this experience as well?
hi, if i were you i would take the advice of the moderators on this forum & only use supporting vendors to purchase tabs, they are on here because they have earned their place through reliability, honesty & trust. in some cases they're as cheap as alibaba, pandawill etc but are far more reliable & to me, i would rather pay an extra couple of £/$ to know i will get what i paid for & in good time. i use redtabletpc.com for my tabs as i have found them very good & have had no problems at all with them. they do not sell oem (copy tablets) so there should be no warranty issues or refunds should you ever need it. here's a link to their site which is well worth checking out. you have nothing to lose in looking & might find exactly what you want on this site. good luck.

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
At this point I am beginning to think I am being boycotted by some Chinese vendors (Alibaba). Whenever I place an order (again yesterday) for anything at Alibaba it gets taken, approved and then "Closed" with no explanation within 24 hrs. They advertise great prices, but shippish not.:mad:

I would be happy to buy from vendors here if they had what I want to buy.

Finally got my tablet(s) and accessories ordered thru MP4 Nation and **********. Apologies to ********** for not being able to change the thread title. My bad.

Also, I broke a cardinal rule with regard to Alibaba.com, "never buy from a vendor that does not utilize PayPal." They have discontinued offering PayPal. Root of my problems??? Maybe.

Last edited:

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
At this point I am beginning to think I am being boycotted by some Chinese vendors (Alibaba). Whenever I place an order (again yesterday) for anything at Alibaba it gets taken, approved and then "Closed" with no explanation within 24 hrs. They advertise great prices, but shippish not.:mad:

I would be happy to buy from vendors here if they had what I want to buy.

Finally got my tablet(s) and accessories ordered thru MP4 Nation and **********. Apologies to ********** for not being able to change the thread title. My bad.

Also, I broke a cardinal rule with regard to Alibaba.com, "never buy from a vendor that does not utilize PayPal." They have discontinued offering PayPal. Root of my problems??? Maybe.

Quick followup on this post.

Just informed by ********** that they have discontinued using PayPal. Last week Alibaba.com discontinued using PayPal.

These are major China distributors and they both seem to be having problems with sellers not meeting high standards set by PayPal. I suspect, and this is my opinion only, that PayPal has laid down the law and told these distributors that they are no longer able to offer PayPal to their customers.

I will no longer buy from either ********** or Alibaba.com. I sent them email to let them know that without the protection that PayPal offers me, I am done with them.