Ordered a new Nook Color...Questions

bbs

Jan 30, 2011
Hi all,

I ordered a new NC on B&N last week and on Friday I received an email from B&N informing me that my order has been backordered and the estimate shipping date is Feb 27! Should I wait or cancel the order and go straight to one of the stores (B&N or BestBuy) to get one? I am also worried about the potential defect on the new device (I have read many reports on that), would it be best to buy it from a store so that I could ask for a replacement easier? Thanks for your input.

BBS

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Why u want to order your nook if u can go to the store . You are right,if anything happens is better to talk to somebody in person than on the phone. But also think positive...I thing the chances to get a defected device are the same for anything you buy...stay positive and enjoy your new.nook!
Gloria

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Why u want to order your nook if u can go to the store . You are right,if anything happens is better to talk to somebody in person than on the phone. But also think positive...I thing the chances to get a defected device are the same for anything you buy...stay positive and enjoy your new.nook!
Gloria

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Too long IMO, cancel and head to a store. Don't worry about possible defects. Although like any device it is possible, I believe defects reported represent a small percentage of total sold and some people are over exaggerating their issues. Like you said, getting one from a store, gives you the security to go back for a replacement if needed but in all likelihood you will never have to. :)

bbs

Jan 30, 2011
Thanks Gloria and Rico(?) for the input. Off to Bestbuy soon, hope they still have stocks today.

markiej

Dec 22, 2010
Off to Bestbuy soon, hope they still have stocks today.

If you haven't already picked it up, Bestbuy online has a the ability to order the thing, and pick it up at the store. You can even use it to check store stock, at all the stores near you. Pretty convenient. Saved me a few trips over the last couple of years.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
i bought 2 NC from craigslist - not sure how it is in your neck of the woods but i managed to pick up 2 for $200 each (4 weeks apart)

bbs

Jan 30, 2011
Mark, thanks for the tips, it's useful. Anima, I don't have experience dealing with people on Craiglist, so I don't know it is the way to go for me.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Mark, thanks for the tips, it's useful. Anima, I don't have experience dealing with people on Craiglist, so I don't know it is the way to go for me.

Its typically better than ebay, since it is local...you can drive over and see the merchandise and then decide to buy, haggle, whatever. Craigslist is awesome if you live in a area that supports it...Sold a truck and a couch on craigslist over the years...but now I live in the sticks and craigslist is way outta the way.

It certainly couldn't hurt to look around on there and see if there is anything and go from there.

evoNC

Jan 20, 2011
I got the same Email. I called twice and sent two Email messages to see if I can get it soon. No luck, just apologies. Needless to say, I was mad to get that Email since a rep claimed to have more in stock just a few hours before. I'm thinking about keeping the order alive since I'm getting cash back. Is it worth the wait? Yes, since I have access to another NC just a few miles away.

faceman

Staff member
Jan 21, 2011
I agree, I would say cxl and head to a store near you (Best Buy, B&N, etc). However, that being said, I was able to pick up a brand new in box (opened) NC with an Easle case from B&N off a guy on Craigslist for $220 total. I made sure he had all the boxes and such as well as the receipt from B&N.

I immediately took the cover to my local B&N and exchanged for the case that I really wanted (got a $10 gift card back since my case was less expensive) and now have a second NC that has only been checked out but not used. Not sure what I am going to do... i like my rooted NC so much I want to keep the second one but can't really justify that.

bbs

Jan 30, 2011
Hi all,

Got mine yesterday and still learning everything about the NC. Got the full package--NC, 2-year warranty, and cover. I know, I am a sucker for peace of mind. Still can't get my wifi at home to work properly so it would take some time for me to set up everything.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Hi all,

Got mine yesterday and still learning everything about the NC. Got the full package--NC, 2-year warranty, and cover. I know, I am a sucker for peace of mind. Still can't get my wifi at home to work properly so it would take some time for me to set up everything.

First off congrats on getting a Nook Color, second can you look and see what software version your NC is on. If it's 1.0.0, you may want to consider upgrading to 1.0.1, it helps out on wifi connectivity a bit.