Oregon Newbie wants to know!

koalaengineer

Sep 16, 2011
Hi,

I bought a Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet last week just to use it as a very light weight computer and to get on the internet where possible for while I am traveling.

So far I am learning on my own how some of the stuff works but when I put a 16GB Micro SD card in slot 2 it seemed to load the UTube videos faster! SD1 is a 2GB.
I have a few apps on it from Amazon app store such as Kindle reader, Solitaire, Utune Radio and ect.

So my question is should I have 2 16GB SD cards in it? So far nothing is saved to either of them.

Thanks,

Evergreen88

Sep 17, 2011
If you have access or are willing to buy another 16gb sd then do it, you can never have too much memory, and its not a decision you will regret. I used to use a 2gb in my galaxy tab and after only a couple of weeks of app downloading and youtube downloading it was full, so had to get a 32gb sd and then had to copy everything over, bit of a hassle. Best to start big with sd cards.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Koalaengineer, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here. It sounds like your 16GB card is faster than your 2GB card. That may be true, but not because it's bigger. It's probably a faster card because it's a higher class card. Look at the labels on the two cards and see what class they are, I'm betting the class of the 16GB is higher than the class of the 2GB. The higher the class the faster the card, generally a class 4 or higher is fast enough for most tablets. You probably don't need more storage than you have right now, why don't you wait a while. Use the 16GB card and if/when it fills up then get another card. If it doesn't fill up, you've saved $20. If it fills up very quickly, you might even want something bigger than a 16GB.

Last edited:

koalaengineer

Sep 16, 2011
Hi Koalaengineer, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here. It sounds like your 16GB card is faster than your 2GB card. That may be true, but not because it's bigger. It's probably a faster card because it's a higher class card card. Look at the labels on the two cards and see what class they are, I'm betting the class of the 16GB is higher than the class of the 2GB. The higher the class the faster the card, generally a class 4 or higher is fast enough for most tablets. You probably don't need more storage than you have right now, why don't you wait a while. Use the 16GB card and if/when it fills up then get another card. If it doesn't fill up, you've saved $20. If it fills up very quickly, you might even want something bigger than a 16GB.

Thank you for the info Spider!

It is a SanDisk 16GB Class 4 MicroSDHC. The 2GB is a Pny MicroSD that was pre-installed in the tablet.